news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I didn't even see what they did and I'm not commenting on that. When they went to the house on BBC2 he was struggling to get any kind of control with everyone shouting over him. Embarrassing.

there's always lots of shouting and screaming...but does seem to be getting worse.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

there's always lots of shouting and screaming...but does seem to be getting worse.

I know that. I've just never seen him ever have any kind of control. It's funny, I thought it was common knowledge he was a shit speaker - didn't expect so much opposition to an uncontroversial statement!

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know that. I've just never seen him ever have any kind of control. It's funny, I thought it was common knowledge he was a shit speaker - didn't expect so much opposition to an uncontroversial statement!

yeah, I don't know if he's shit or not. I just thought MP behaviour might be getting worse...the boris influence!...but maybe it is the speaker that is at fault. I didn't see it live today, but did see a clip, and he seems to lose it totally..not helped as he seemed to be struggling to shout, he was kind of squeaking.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you never know...maybe Sunak won't make it to the last two...there's certainly a lot of anti-Sunak talk...

I think the Sunak camp will try to ensure Mordaunt doesn’t make it through to the final round. It’s his only shot at winning it. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think the Sunak camp will try to ensure Mordaunt doesn’t make it through to the final round. It’s his only shot at winning it. 

I'm sure they will try...but not sure if they will succeed. He doesn't have the numbers. Just have to see where votes for others go as they get kicked out. Kind of exciting in a fundamentally depressing way.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I guess he stands a better chance against Truss than Mordaunt.  Depends on where the votes of those eliminated end up - he may not have the numbers to support it.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm sure they will try...but not sure if they will succeed. He doesn't have the numbers. Just have to see where votes for others go as they get kicked out. Kind of exciting in a fundamentally depressing way.

I think they do have the numbers especially as the right of the party are split currently and Truss isn’t that far behind.

Just now, steviewevie said:

you mean his supporters back Truss to keep Mordaunt out?

Yeah that’s it. He’ll have loads of votes and Truss won’t be far behind when Kemi and Suella are eliminated. It’s what the Johnson team did to Hunt in 2019 so Gove didn’t make the final 2. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

interesting that Mordaunt is not considered to the right...despite the leaver thing...maybe because she isn't blatantly blabbing on about shrinking the state like the Badenoch/Braverman nutters but sounding more pragmatic, and maybe because she's considered to be socially liberal which is why she's constantly being asked if women have a dick.