news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Chancellor is a tricky one judging by the last bit of Rishi's message, I wonder how many either align with Boris economically or  are happy to be yes men/women.

Our country is facing immense challenges. We both want a low-tax, high-growth economy, and world class public services, but this can only be responsibly delivered if we are prepared to work hard, make sacrifices and take difficult decisions.

I firmly believe the public are ready to hear that truth. Our people know that if something is too good to be true then it’s not true. They need to know that whilst there is a path to a better future, it is not an easy one.

In preparation for our proposed joint speech on the economy next week, it has become clear to me that our approaches are fundamentally too different.

Edited by lost

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I am hugely surprised Zahawi has wedded himself to this situation...  I just don't get his calculation...  He must still think Boris has the majority of the party.

Or he believes he needs one of the top jobs to make his leadership bid realistic, if the stories above are true for the same reasons as Truss, make a few appealing announcements knowing you never need to manage the consequences.