news & politics:discussion

zahidf

22 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Even with all this, I still can’t see him resigning.

It took around a year between Margaret Thatcher's Chancellor Nigel Lawson resigning and the Tories ousting Thatcher. This precedent means I wouldn't necessarily say it was a guaranteed deal just yet, not least given the man's absurd self-confidence, but it absolutely feels likelier than it did this morning.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Have you seen his comeback tour complete with turtle necks and supporting  NFTs? 😂

Unfortunately I have! He's my friends' local MP to their eternal shame.

Reckon it's going to be Truss. Ben Wallace to foreign? And then who fills that gap? And who for health? He's got no talent at all in his cabinet. Can definitely see Dorries getting a promotion...

Been watching Sky News and I swear they just made an aside about Starmer having called for a GE to sort this out. Can't find anything online about it, so maybe they were stretching what he said previously about there needing to be a change of govt cause the current one is corrupt?

But, if he has explicitly called for a GE it could limit Johnson's options.

My preference is maximum Johnson humiliation for what he's put us all through, so the possibility of a GE and him losing his seat or him refusing to resign and him being deselected by his own constituency would be ideal.