news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Is there any space these days for people just saying they just couldn't care less about Isreal or Palestine ? 

Neither side is right or wrong and its never going to be solved...

I think thats probably 95 percent of the population. It's an issue I have never heard anyone discuss in my years in community NHS. Trouble is Corbyn (and supporters ) looked like they prioritized over mainstream issues.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Oh, okay, seismic then. He's fucked. Will be quite entertaining to have a PM try to stay in power with zero support from any media left, right or otherwise. Not sure that's been done before. If that kind of pressure keeps up then presumably the cabinet will finally start splitting very very soon. Happy days.

Rothermere is such a tosser. That article describing him as being 'incandescent' about the paper being out of touch. Jesus, the world these pricks live in.

Just now, Kurosagi said:

Oh, okay, seismic then. He's fucked. Will be quite entertaining to have a PM try to stay in power with zero support from any media left, right or otherwise. Not sure that's been done before. If that kind of pressure keeps up then presumably the cabinet will finally start splitting very very soon. Happy days.

Rothermere is such a tosser. That article describing him as being 'incandescent' about the paper being out of touch. Jesus, the world these pricks live in.

He’ll end up calling a general election, thinking it’s the only way he can silence these people. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He’ll end up calling a general election, thinking it’s the only way he can silence these people. 

Think that particular nuclear button option will be taken away from him before he gets the chance to use it. Definitely feels it could be last days for him now that DM has turned.

12 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Think that particular nuclear button option will be taken away from him before he gets the chance to use it. Definitely feels it could be last days for him now that DM has turned.

How will it? At the moment there isn't a way as he's safe for another year, yes the Tories could change the rules but that'll take time and give him the moment to call an election. 

I know it doesn't sound likely that he'll walk, but if (and it's still a big if) the cabinet splits and people start resigning around him and then he's left unable to run a functioning govt, so things will get very very spicy with ALL the papers briefing against him.

I swear I read something somewhere the other day that posited the queen could refuse to dissolve parliament. But I could have dreamt it, I have been living inside covid fuelled hallucinations the last few days.

1 hour ago, Kurosagi said:

Isn't the sun still on side?

23 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I know it doesn't sound likely that he'll walk, but if (and it's still a big if) the cabinet splits and people start resigning around him and then he's left unable to run a functioning govt, so things will get very very spicy with ALL the papers briefing against him.

I swear I read something somewhere the other day that posited the queen could refuse to dissolve parliament. But I could have dreamt it, I have been living inside covid fuelled hallucinations the last few days.

I read that too but the Queen showed how pointless she is back when Johnson illegally prorogued Parliament so she'll do absolutely nothing again.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I read that too but the Queen showed how pointless she is back when Johnson illegally prorogued Parliament so she'll do absolutely nothing again.

Ah, okay, it wasn't a dream then. I think the proroguing stunt he pulled makes it *more* likely she'll be strongly briefed to reject the request. All a constitutional bonfire of course, the days of running a country based on 'gentleman's honour' is finally showing it's limitations. Who would have thought.