news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I have buyers remorse. Starmer has been woeful, and I’ve enjoyed it because he’s a lying authoritarian toerag, so I’ve been quite happy to see him fail. But now he’s failing a bit too much and I’m getting worried he’s really fucked it.

he might have been a bit dull and shit, but anyone who thought it would be different hadn't been paying attention.

still, he's much better than the previous leader.

17 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I have buyers remorse. Starmer has been woeful, and I’ve enjoyed it because he’s a lying authoritarian toerag, so I’ve been quite happy to see him fail. But now he’s failing a bit too much and I’m getting worried he’s really fucked it.

yes, we'll look back fondly at Starmer and what could have been.

Just now, steviewevie said:

also probably a lie

what do you think labour can gain out of a deal, if they did one, it only has negatives.

I think you just have to reverse the question to get an answer i.e. How would a party whom appeared willing to form a coalition with a bunch of English nationalists do in Scotland?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Might be only way they can form a government. Offer a referendum, win referendum.

If its the only way to form a govt, that disappears as soon as Scottish mps cease to count at Westminster. Its a pathway to out of govt, not into it. 

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Might be only way they can form a government. Offer a referendum, win referendum.

No way. Labour will aim to form a minority government and essentially dare the SNP to vote down a Labour Queens Speech. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

No way. Labour will aim to form a minority government and essentially dare the SNP to vote down a Labour Queens Speech. 

Jessica agrees with you. I just think a minority govt won't last long...but maybe labour stand a better chance if don't give in to that evil sturgeon woman.

Edited by steviewevie

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Jessica agrees with you. I just think a minority govt won't last long...but maybe labour stand a better chance if don't give in to that evil sturgeon woman.

I’ve said before that I am a pioneering political commentator and this proves it…

35 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Ouch, I don't remember a time when these kind of swings were so commonplace, even during the oft called 'mid-term blues':

Indeed the days of "My family have always vote so and so" seems to be in the past. Most of us are swing voters now.

14 minutes ago, lost said:

Indeed the days of "My family have always vote so and so" seems to be in the past. Most of us are swing voters now.

Well last election was all about getting Brexit done and keeping Corbyn out...and these by-elections seem to be all anti Boris

Edited by steviewevie