news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

So you end up with a bit of a mixed bag. For example Greens might get some big wins, lib dems likewise, the left party, but the day to day would be Labour. So like Labour but with a few more random radical policies from the small parties. Better imo

Yes, this. It'll be an interesting experiment, hope it comes to fruition in what's left of my lifetime.

Anyone here lived in a country with PR and can share experiences?

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So you think I am trolling ? Do you know what it means ?

It interests me why you think I am troll ?   Because I post something you don't agree with ? 

I've posted stuff over the last week which lots of people have thought was spot on and a small amount of stuff people disagree with.  

Its just weird as soon as someone finds disagreement they dismiss them as a troll ? I don't get.. 

You're being modest. You forget that I lived through the covid years on this forum and remember you admitting/delighting in it on the shit thread.

If you've now turned over a new leaf and are no longer interested in derailing conversations for your fishing purposes then sorry.

12 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

That was on my list, but it was waaaay too early in the morning by the time saturday night finished.

I do find it odd that in this day and age when it's an easy thing to set up and that the festival always sells out that LeftField don't stream or record the debates.

What time was it?

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its up to you but I tend to judge every post on its merit.  I might disagree with you over covid but find agreement over woman's rights / brexit or the price of frozen fish (easy now..)..

Yeah sure the covid stuff got a bit out of line - but do you honestly think that was just me ?   I can vert much ensure you that I didn't start calling people c**ts first for having a view point - I just give shit back once its offered.

Look at the current thread-  people disagree fine - but ignoring me and calling me a c**t because I have different view point ? 

Your choice dude - but one thing I am not - is a troll.  I post what I believe.

Have never called you a c**t.

Have wanted to, not because you express different opinions, but because you have shown to take delight in winding people up and admitting as much, even upvoting people that have pointed that out to you (which I must admit has made me chuckle in the past and I thought was a good move as you were owning your troll-like behaviour...but apparently not? A pity).

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Actually the end result is much more interesting than that. It overweights the smaller parties a bit because their accession to the coalition will be based on key policies getting through. So the major parties - which would still be Labour and Tory - build a coalition by negotiating concessions based on what are the big issues from their partners.

So you end up with a bit of a mixed bag. For example Greens might get some big wins, lib dems likewise, the left party, but the day to day would be Labour. So like Labour but with a few more random radical policies from the small parties. Better imo

I mean...maybe...we just don't know. It will likely be coalitions with parties with different view points and they end up negotiating any radical stuff away.

39 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If only you applied the same principles evenly to other posters who do exactly the same but you don't.  So its about more than that clearly.  

The only people I take delight in winding up is a small bunch like @steviewevie and @Ozanne

I think a few people need to learn to take a joke.  The tory comment above was clearly a joke ffs.  Be fantastic to have a tory on the left field 🙂 

Fuck off with your endless fucking drivel. c**t.

41 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Have never called you a c**t.

Have wanted to, not because you express different opinions, but because you have shown to take delight in winding people up and admitting as much, even upvoting people that have pointed that out to you (which I must admit has made me chuckle in the past and I thought was a good move as you were owning your troll-like behaviour...but apparently not? A pity).

He clearly is a troll, best thing to do is put them all on ignore. I’ve had him on ignore for ages so very rarely ever since his posts.

Edited by Ozanne

3 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

That was on my list, but it was waaaay too early in the morning by the time saturday night finished.

I do find it odd that in this day and age when it's an easy thing to set up and that the festival always sells out that LeftField don't stream or record the debates.

there is this...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/audio/2022/jun/30/politics-weekly-uk-goes-to-glastonbury-podcast

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Take a break Stevie

Thanks for your concern Fray, very sweet. I was actually posting some fascinating political insights, some of it you commented on as part of your weird Ozanne fetish thing...trying to sow divisions for fun I guess...but yes I let myself down and said a sweary at Fish man, not the first to have done so the last few days as he is all over the Glastonbury area with his usual bollocks...and then of course in comes Bob closely followed by yourself....and well, we don't like each other right?

But what I'll do is shove you all on ignore again, and try stick to ignoring despite your petty little ozanne/starmer w*nkiness...and we'll  just go from there.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Thanks for your concern Fray, very sweet. I was actually posting some fascinating political insights, some of it you commented on as part of your weird Ozanne fetish thing...trying to sow divisions for fun I guess...but yes I let myself down and said a sweary at Fish man, not the first to have done so the last few days as he is all over the Glastonbury area with his usual bollocks...and then of course in comes Bob closely followed by yourself....and well, we don't like each other right?

But what I'll do is shove you all on ignore again, and try stick to ignoring despite your petty little ozanne/starmer w*nkiness...and we'll  just go from there.

Why do you even take me off ignore if I’m so horrific lol, makes no sense. Tbh I think you relish it tbh.

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Don't worry Steve, the conversation always turns nasty when that creepy little boy comes around. He tends to lash out after the Tories lose. He'll get bored again soon.

Stevie calls people c**ts all the time without my input lol. No idea why you keep calling me a Tory cause you’re upset that someone calls out your starmer crazed nonsense