news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In many ways Burnham is the labour version of Boris. Will say anything if he thinks it will benefit himself. Of course that can work as Boris has shown.

I mean, I do think he has more principles than Boris, but yes, I do agree with the comparison.

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder what the odds are for starmer having to resign over beergate and Johnson winning a vonc and then triggering and winning a general election?

it would be a big shame if starmer has to resign, as hes doing well for labour, and theyd have to start again.

never mind the bollocks...so the thinking is that the letters to Brady reaches 54 this week Johnson has more of a chance of winning a confidence vote than if happens after big defeat in byelections on 23rd....so if you really want Johnson gone then got to hope doesn't reach the magic 54 this week...maybe better for labour that he stays in place though?

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

never mind the bollocks...so the thinking is that the letters to Brady reaches 54 this week Johnson has more of a chance of winning a confidence vote than if happens after big defeat in byelections on 23rd....so if you really want Johnson gone then got to hope doesn't reach the magic 54 this week...maybe better for labour that he stays in place though?

he's walking toast as soon as those byelections happen, he won't be deposed as things stand as no one is running a campaign to replace him, rishi and spelling mistake are most likely.

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

he's walking toast as soon as those byelections happen, he won't be deposed as things stand as no one is running a campaign to replace him, rishi and spelling mistake are most likely.

yeah, but if confidence is before byelection he'll likely win and stay in place forever.