news & politics:discussion

zahidf

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Watched panorama, all good until they mentioned Keir was at it too.

2/3rds of the way through, it’s decent although can’t help but feel it’s like ‘oh that’s just Boris, the scamp’.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Nice to see Londoners enjoying their new Queen Lizzie train.

they'veonly waited 30 years for it.

scotland is enjoying no trains at the moment, scotland's own doing??????

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

If Biden is actually going to do something on gun control now is the time, because republicans will probably have a majority in both houses in the autumn, and will quite likely win the presidency in 2024. (so probably not enough time and probably nothing will happen).

Doesn't have filibuster majority in senate so can't.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Starmer can't go all out attack on partygate now, so much will probably be on cost of living...and even then Sunak has got something major to announce apparently..

Yes he can. Johnson broke the rules he wrote and Starmer says he will resign if he was been found too. Johnson has also lied to Parliament.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes he can. Johnson broke the rules he wrote and Starmer says he will resign if he was been found too. Johnson has also lied to Parliament.

Ashworth’s line yesterday was to focus on the cost of living. If Starmer went for Johnson over all the parties, he’d just get the response of being a hypocrite/how he was at it as well - with all those boo boys backing the PM up with those infuriating jeers and zoo noises. Johnson has also got the ‘I have cleaned operations up’ line to defend himself, despite all this evidence showing he was all over the parties - essentially he’s David Brent and just wants to be liked in the workplace.

I hope Starmer does go for the jugular as always good to see Spaffer squirm, even for just a few minutes.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Starmer can't go all out attack on partygate now, so much will probably be on cost of living...and even then Sunak has got something major to announce apparently..

Is partygate now just a dead cat for the cost of living crisis. 

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Ashworth’s line yesterday was to focus on the cost of living. If Starmer went for Johnson over all the parties, he’d just get the response of being a hypocrite/how he was at it as well - with all those boo boys backing the PM up with those infuriating jeers and zoo noises. Johnson has also got the ‘I have cleaned operations up’ line to defend himself, despite all this evidence showing he was all over the parties - essentially he’s David Brent and just wants to be liked in the workplace.

I hope Starmer does go for the jugular as always good to see Spaffer squirm, even for just a few minutes.

Ultimately Starmer can end with ‘If I get fined I’ll resign so PM why won’t you?’