news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I don't know about the monkeypox thing if I should not at all worried or extremely worried. It really doesn't help that we've still got the barely processed mental after-effects of 2 years in lockdown that another disease spreading quick really does make one's eyes twitch.

42 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I don't know about the monkeypox thing if I should not at all worried or extremely worried. It really doesn't help that we've still got the barely processed mental after-effects of 2 years in lockdown that another disease spreading quick really does make one's eyes twitch.

I don’t think you should be worried, from what I read monkeypox isn’t serious and the majority should recover. 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think you should be worried, from what I read monkeypox isn’t serious and the majority should recover. 

It's kinda strange really. I'm aware the symptoms report of it manifesting in a different way and a no doubt uncomfortable one with all the blistering, but that the condition itself is harder to contract and is not likely to be as similarly massive a problem as covid, or indeed smallpox was pre-vaccine. But I guess two years on from taking too long to recognise covid in its first iteration was as big a problem as it was, it's not hard to read it and be just a little uneasy.

I guess all we can do is wait & see for the next week or so. Probably have more of an idea after that.

• Upvote 1

Monkeypox isn’t a new disease. The treatment for smallpox works on it as well. 

It’s also not as transmittable as airborne viruses and the number of cases is quite small so contacts should be easily traceable. 

Mass hysteria sells newspapers and generates online clicks. Don’t think there’s any need to panic about this one. 

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Monkeypox isn’t a new disease. The treatment for smallpox works on it as well. 

It’s also not as transmittable as airborne viruses and the number of cases is quite small so contacts should be easily traceable. 

Mass hysteria sells newspapers and generates online clicks. Don’t think there’s any need to panic about this one. 

Talking of newspapers,you see Cummings the other day with the idea that papers, and subsequently the govt,are pushing the get back to the office thing so much is because they need commuters buying their papers again.

Edited by steviewevie

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Was anyone else expecting this headline today?

4055A777-6836-4A36-B5A6-11B9B52069A0.thumb.jpeg.ec0e7b5ef51623f61d114ee4a0caff08.jpeg

Time for another game of Tory whodunnit

When I saw #nipplegate trending on Twitter, which is what this has been pre-emptively dubbed, I thought it was about some accidental TV flashing like Janet Jackson famously had.

This is a really unpleasant sounding allegation.

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Hope so and good riddance to him.

I'm not sure if it's just his baseline these days, but he was looking/sounding seriously unhinged on the telly last week.

Has this been leaked by the Save Johnson Bully Boys?

I don't know...he is obviously a bit messed up, but at same time one of the more moderate voices in the cabinet.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't know...he is obviously a bit messed up, but at same time one of the more moderate voices in the cabinet.

His voice was far from moderate last week when he squeezed in about four ropey regional accents in a couple of minutes!