news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

anyone still here?

I've been working away again, very near a conflict zone, and flew back in this morning so just catching up with my upcoming festival news and stumbled into what appears to be a binfire on the main Glasto forum. No idea what is going on but not much 'spirit of Glastonbury' going down there.....All looks very petty and unimportant drama compared to the suffering in evidence where I've just returned from.

Unusually, in comparison this thread seems restrained and relatively civil, with few ad hominem attacks compared to over there. (Well, looks like the odd one or two still just slagging off individuals here but that's not new). 

10 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I've been working away again, very near a conflict zone, and flew back in this morning so just catching up with my upcoming festival news and stumbled into what appears to be a binfire on the main Glasto forum. No idea what is going on but not much 'spirit of Glastonbury' going down there.....All looks very petty and unimportant drama compared to the suffering in evidence where I've just returned from.

Unusually, in comparison this thread seems restrained and relatively civil, with few ad hominem attacks compared to over there. (Well, looks like the odd one or two still just slagging off individuals here but that's not new). 

whereabouts?

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

whereabouts?

Moldovan border with Ukr, rescuing previously mothballed and abandoned equipment when we were run out of town in Feb...:)  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Moldovan border with Ukr, rescuing previously mothballed and abandoned equipment when we were run out of town in Feb...:)  

Wish I had your balls mate. I was asked to go on an aid run as I have military skills but no passport or a driving license didn't help. I have had friends asking me to go over as a medic what I did in the army but I am a fat c**t I'm poor health and would just be a liability.

36 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Where in the Glasto forum is that?

My news is that I have tested positive for COVID after all this time. Must’ve picked it up at The Great Escape festival I was at last weekend. 

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Wish I had your balls mate. I was asked to go on an aid run as I have military skills but no passport or a driving license didn't help. I have had friends asking me to go over as a medic what I did in the army but I am a fat c**t I'm poor health and would just be a liability.

Nothing really overly brave like that - unarmed OSCE monitoring mission facilitation in between the two sides and very risk aware and averse- now all pulled out and looking unlikely to return. Just bemoaning the loss of the massive wedge they paid......

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Where in the Glasto forum is that?

My news is that I have tested positive for COVID after all this time. Must’ve picked it up at The Great Escape festival I was at last weekend. 

Absolute mayhem. I have no idea what is happening but it's an almighty meltdown on all sides.

6 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Just keep out. It will all blow over. It always does it happens every few years just like with any family

I just googled 'dysfunctional family' and this came up. Seems to be pretty accurate:

What are 3 characteristics of a dysfunctional family system?

Power struggles, excessive criticism, conditional love, substance misuse, and excessive expectations are common characteristics of dysfunctional families. 

Just now, Copperface said:

I just googled 'dysfunctional family' and this came up. Seems to be pretty accurate:

What are 3 characteristics of a dysfunctional family system?

Power struggles, excessive criticism, conditional love, substance misuse, and excessive expectations are common characteristics of dysfunctional families. 

Sounds like my family and my Glastonbury family. Thank god for my training as a counselor. I could help but I can't be arsed  😉

Fucking hell. I've been on this site for about 10 years or so and have seen Neil do this kind of thing from time to time, but I wouldn't be surprised if this goes a bit further and he finally shuts it down. I know he deleted the Nick Cave thread the other day, which seemed a bit extreme for a couple of trolls but I've not been in there much lately due to not having Glasto tickets. Sad to see.

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fucking hell. I've been on this site for about 10 years or so and have seen Neil do this kind of thing from time to time, but I wouldn't be surprised if this goes a bit further and he finally shuts it down. I know he deleted the Nick Cave thread the other day, which seemed a bit extreme for a couple of trolls but I've not been in there much lately due to not having Glasto tickets. Sad to see.

yeah, it is sad...there seems to be a bit of a bullying aspect towards Neil who is obviously strugggling, but at same time a bit of megalomania from Neil which doesn't help. Some people have set up an alternative discord site, and even a politics thread on there for the lols...but all seems a bit manic over there with gifs waving at you and stuff...a bit Glade compared to Leftfield.

• Upvote 1