news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Boris. Glass houses, stones etc. 😉 

"Alexander"like great he's only a great liar not kevin like  kevin and perry.

4 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

Not looking good for the tories in the Tiverton by-election if these tory voters' comments in the thread are anything to go by:

they probably dont want to be thought of as w*nkers.

The whole brexit N Ireland thing is amazing. There was always three choices...the border goes on the island of Ireland, or in the Irish Sea, or we have a soft brexit. Johnson in the end agreed to the Irish Sea border option...just so he could say he got brexit done and win an election etc. And now they have gall to say the EU conned them and are acting in bad faith etc...and this even after there was a majority for pro-protocol parties in recent NI elections. Now, they are apparently willing to rip up this protocol, so further straining relations with EU at a time when we really need to be more united, and also risking more trouble in N Ireland. The whole thing is a farce.

And Boris Johnson is the worst fucking leader in these times. Brexit was a massive decision for this country and we should have had a serious debate, even the likes of Farage had proper nuanced arguments to make...but instead we get Bojo and his bullshit boostersim about sunlit uplands unleashed from the EU or whatever which was just bollocks and have led us to this.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Doesn’t Boris ‘work’ at 10 Downing Street? Isn’t that also his home.

Then again, most people don’t constantly drink and party in their workplace. Another example of Boris preaching to his echo chamber/doing his landlord mates a favour?

I find this working from home debate a bit simplistic with people either saying it's amazing or terrible. I personally don't like working from home. Handy for the odd hour when convenient, but really value that direct contact, sitting with colleagues around lunch etc.

However at the same time sympathetic to the view that some people think differently to me and don't value the things I do. One thing that I feel is sometimes overlooked is people talk about their work life balance, but sometimes forget about their responsibility in training the next generation, as they were trained themselves. You can learn so much from that small talk around the office, listening to how your experienced colleagues deal with situations etc. I also think it's easier to hide when someone is struggling at home then on a teams/zoom call.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I find this working from home debate a bit simplistic with people either saying it's amazing or terrible. I personally don't like working from home. Handy for the odd hour when convenient, but really value that direct contact, sitting with colleagues around lunch etc.

However at the same time sympathetic to the view that some people think differently to me and don't value the things I do. One thing that I feel is sometimes overlooked is people talk about their work life balance, but sometimes forget about their responsibility in training the next generation, as they were trained themselves. You can learn so much from that small talk around the office, listening to how your experienced colleagues deal with situations etc. I also think it's easier to hide when someone is struggling at home then on a teams/zoom call.

Summed up my thoughts exactly! The reality is that every person and every job is different.

4 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Doesn’t Boris ‘work’ at 10 Downing Street? Isn’t that also his home.

Then again, most people don’t constantly drink and party in their workplace. Another example of Boris preaching to his echo chamber/doing his landlord mates a favour?

Seems like he was getting distracted by cheese quite a bit at 10 Downing Street over the last 2 years.