news & politics:discussion

zahidf

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

with this I guess it can be argued both ways...yes it was part of work event...but also original excuse from labour was that they ordered the food impromptu as was getting late and they needed something to eat...so more lies basically. So, maybe police will still find rules weren't broken, but still looks bad. This could lead to Starmer having to resign but Johnson won't because he is running the country.

Labour are such losers. Mass unemployment, destruction of industries in North, social unrest, labour lose. A decade of Thatcherism, labour lose. Austerity and then some more, labour lose. Brexit, labour lose. Pandemic carnage, labour lose. Partygate and cost of living crisis, labour lose? Labour only win when things are generally ok, like in 97. Maybe that's why tories keep giving us endless shit, so they stay in power.

Where did Labour say it was an impromptu meal?

I mean Labour literally just won an election 2 days ago it sounds like you’ve already decided they are guilty in all this. 

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

that and labour getting hammered in 2019.

As the result of a 4 year long campaign of smears and leaks conducted by the same folks in the party who appear to be moving against Starmer.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I mean Labour literally just won an election 2 days ago it sounds like you’ve already decided they are guilty in all this. 

oh, sorry, maybe I got that wrong. I just thought it was implied...people grabbed some food and then got on with their work...

I'm not saying Starmer is guilty, not yet anyway, but I think labour comms have very much fucked this up with basically not being totally honest....and this all damages Starmer massively because of all his calls for Johnson to resign.

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

As the result of a 4 year long campaign of smears and leaks conducted by the same folks in the party who appear to be moving against Starmer.

...also...we have no idea who is behind any of this...could be someone loyal to Corbyn, or could be someone else who wants his job.....all sorts of accusations doing the rounds on twitter..but orginal video was filmed by a student who was passing by....it made it's way on to the net and was widely shared by Lawrence Fox on twitter, got a bit of press attention, and then onto Skwawkbox to feed their bitter starmer hate, and then the Mail and Sun started investigating more as partygate started to look real bad for Johnson...and I guess someone or some people are talking to them...but these could just be some labour staff who aren't aligned to anyone in particular.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

plus Ozanne it's a bit of expectation management for myself...expect the worst...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

It's obviously Corbyn.

the corbynista sees a conspiracy, cant be cock-up can it, just cos starrmer is better than your geezer.

Edited by Neil

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

plus Ozanne it's a bit of expectation management for myself...expect the worst...

Ohhh yeah I get that mate, I do the same but I gotta try to focus on the positives at least until we see some polling. 

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

.we have no idea who is behind any of this...could be someone loyal to Corby

will be somone licking corbyn's arse.

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

But will the actual facts matters or will people now just be put off by the idea of the story? I guess polling will tell us. 

those who want to will use it to freepass spaffers parties.

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

I think people moving against Starmer are not the same as those moving against Corbyn.

I know there are many Corbyn supporters who hate Starmer but not sure what removing him would achieve for them. They don't really have a candidate. I haven't even heard them them make am argument why the party would have been doing better if RLB was in power after she bombed in the leadership campaign. Who next Burgon, Sultana, Lavery? 

Alternatively Jez could form a new party and try and split the left vote. Boris would love it if they did that.

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Alternatively Jez could form a new party

won't happen, jez knows hes nuthin without the red rosette

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Why let something as trivial as the truth get in the way?

the truth is that the memo say to social distance in big red letters.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

those who want to will use it to freepass spaffers parties.

They already are. Our new local MP (Labour) has already had residents asking when Starmer will resign over all this on our Facebook community group… 

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Who next Burgon, Sultana, Lavery? 

They seemed ready to unite behind Gardiner when Starmer wasn't hysterical enough about Covid. I would think the Chinese spy thing has finished that and as you say there isn't an obvious candidate.

I noticed Diane Abbott was in not so many words calling for Starmer to go if he's fined on the beeb. That's the first MP I've seen to really break rank.