news & politics:discussion

zahidf

actually as Gingerfish said earlier...if Starmer does have to resign for the beer/pizza/orgy...where does that leave Johnson, especially if there are more fines and the Gray report is released in all it's glory. Would be kind of mental if this ends Starmer's leadership and not Johnson's...

29 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Surely the fine is besides the point - the point is he gave about as many fucks as Boris and would lack zero credibility going forward.  What a c**t.

Well... Is it? April 2021 it was within the rules and we werent in lockdown. Thats VERY different to wine time fridays during lockdown in number 10

If you feel that strongly, you can get 12-1 for starmer to leave as labour leader this year on oddschecker...

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Greens hurting labour in some places...they need that PR thing...

we need to stop people voting green. splitters.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well... Is it? April 2021 it was within the rules and we werent in lockdown. Thats VERY different to wine time fridays during lockdown in number 10

If you feel that strongly, you can get 12-1 for starmer to leave as labour leader this year on oddschecker...

but there must be something else that they've found out if police are to investigate...unless it's just pressure from Tory MPs which in case would really stink (and not surprise me much cause I think the police are corrupt as fuck)

Just now, steviewevie said:

but there must be something else that they've found out if police are to investigate...unless it's just pressure from Tory MPs which in case would really stink (and not surprise me much cause I think the police are corrupt as fuck)

they're saying they have significant new evidence.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Probably a bit of both but I don’t think this will result in fines and could just draw a line under it if they find nothing wrong. 

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

None of this was against the law though. Just guidance at the time.

Just now, zahidf said:

None of this was against the law though. Just guidance at the time.

All of this means very little and is pretty much irrelevant.

£200 for a meal with a large work group that seems fair.

Sise of the group doesn’t matter if it was work.

Nowhere was open inside for food at that time.

Witnesses unless I’m the building won’t be very helpful.

If this is all there is then it’s not gonna result in much. 

Is there a way back for Starmer from this? Every Labour leader has to be perfect and even though it wouldn’t be anything like Johnson he’d get hounded for the rest of his leadership.

Labour’s poll leads will evaporate now. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is there a way back for Starmer from this? Every Labour leader has to be perfect and even though it wouldn’t be anything like Johnson he’d get hounded for the rest of his leadership.

a one-off is very different to a culture of doing it, starmer didn't formulwte the covid restrictions, either.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He should come out and say he will resign if police find any wrong doing....then just hope for the best.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

a one-off is very different to a culture of doing it, starmer didn't formulwte the covid restrictions, either.

He did back them though. 

Beggars belief that Labour pushed so hard about Boris breaking the rules knowing full well they had their own skeletons in the closet. Who is advising these idiots 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Oh yeah we know that but the country/media give the Tories so much leeway this will could wipe out any gains Labour have made in the last year. 

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

He's a lawyer - he's probably got a fair idea if he's in trouble or not!

Yes, he is a lawyer...but he's also supposed to be a politician. He read the public mood pretty well on partygate and has done well with all the righteous stuff on Johnson...but that has gone now, this attack line is currently fucked. With these covid rules it is all open to interpretation anyway, and we risk getting all tied up in knots with what was within what rules at certain times. So, he must know that if he is found to have broken rules by police it is all over for him, so why not be totally open and say he will resign if the police find any rules/laws were broken....then he can keep some sort of moral high ground.