news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I just voted. We’re in a Tory stronghold so doubt it will make much difference.

Feeling very left out of the party today with no local elections, but like you I'm in a blue heartland so wouldn't have made a difference.

Anymore news/speculation about Westminster perhaps turning NOC? Never thought I'd see that area revolt against the tories. Maybe all the richos migrated to the country during covid and not come back yet...

22 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Feeling very left out of the party today with no local elections, but like you I'm in a blue heartland so wouldn't have made a difference.

Anymore news/speculation about Westminster perhaps turning NOC? Never thought I'd see that area revolt against the tories. Maybe all the richos migrated to the country during covid and not come back yet...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:
29 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

That would be like the major wow news of election night even if Labour got close wouldn't it?

I’m not optimistic for my local ward changing hands from the Tory menace. He’s in a safe seat, lived in the area all his life with the only opposition being two literal outsiders who don’t even live in the town. The city council itself should retain it’s Labour majority though. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

Anyway, the big election result today could be in N Ireland.

if sinn fien win there won't be a border poll, i've heard NI politicians say some sensible things around that, they're not ready for it.

ben walker  ... predicts that the Conservatives will lose more than 200 council seats across Great Britain on polling day (Thursday 5 May). They will suffer net losses of 63 in London, 38 across the rest of England, 83 in Scotland and 22 in Wales.

how can the tories have Scottish seats to lose Nats claim no one votes tory.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

ben walker  ... predicts that the Conservatives will lose more than 200 council seats across Great Britain on polling day (Thursday 5 May). They will suffer net losses of 63 in London, 38 across the rest of England, 83 in Scotland and 22 in Wales.

how can the tories have Scottish seats to lose Nats claim no one votes tory.

this is where labour need to make gains in Scotland...they need to be the main unionist rival to SNP....and then start trying to win over disenchanted SNP voters.

Mentioned before worth keeping an eye on the euro zone. The Czech's who have their own currency have raised 0.75% to 5.75% highest rate since 1999 to combat 12% inflation. Lithuania with nearly 17% inflation are stuck with the European central banks 0%

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What will dishi rishi do?...if he still wants any chance of being next PM he needs to make some big decisions, life is going to get very hard for a lot of people, and not sure we have enough berries to go round.

General election. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

On the side of my polling station sums up my feelings if the Tory’s do well … not seen any sign of them going door to door not even a leaflet this time ….

5A8169E9-0FE3-44D1-9ABB-E70DFBF0BFC3.jpeg

Not seen a single Tory sign in a garden this time. Usually it's loads of Lib Dem, maybe a quarter of that or so Tory, few Greens dotted about and maybe a token Labour.

Just Lib Dem and Greens this year.

And we only get Lib Dem leaflets so no change there

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

On the side of my polling station sums up my feelings if the Tory’s do well … not seen any sign of them going door to door not even a leaflet this time ….

5A8169E9-0FE3-44D1-9ABB-E70DFBF0BFC3.jpeg

Given the news in general in the world in the last few years, you can probably just have that out in general.