news & politics:discussion

zahidf

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

While she clearly did a lot that should be admire. RBG holding on to her seat on the Supreme Court is a big factor in this.

Or you know millions of idiots voting Trump because of 'her emails' but yes let's find another way to blame 1 incredible woman for it. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Or you know millions of idiots voting Trump because of 'her emails' but yes let's find another way to blame 1 incredible woman for it. 

There was the perfect time to go under Obama with a majority in the Senate and house. She was encouraged to go and made the decision to stay. She could have pretty much hand picked her successor and continued her legacy.

Unfortunately it's the fault of the system where one person dieing can have such a big impact on politics but everyone knew what the system was. Also everyone knows there are plenty of idiots in America.

26 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

There was the perfect time to go under Obama with a majority in the Senate and house. She was encouraged to go and made the decision to stay. She could have pretty much hand picked her successor and continued her legacy.

Unfortunately it's the fault of the system where one person dieing can have such a big impact on politics but everyone knew what the system was. Also everyone knows there are plenty of idiots in America.

She very nearly hung on throughout though and was a voice of reason in those years. If Donald Trump had behaved appropriately and not rushed through the successor at the time there would have been no problem. My issue is blaming 1 brilliant woman for an issue that has more accurately happened because of millions of dumbass men and women (but mostly men). 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ozanne said:

If you are struggling to make ends meet our government advises to buy value products now.

Can't believe how out of touch these morons are. I'm not especially struggling (in comparison to many) and have been buying value products for years!!

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

She very nearly hung on throughout though and was a voice of reason in those years. If Donald Trump had behaved appropriately and not rushed through the successor at the time there would have been no problem. My issue is blaming 1 brilliant woman for an issue that has more accurately happened because of millions of dumbass men and women (but mostly men). 

I'm not blaming her, but the main factor vin all this changing is the ideological shift in the court. That was a result of her death and them rushing through a conservative replacement. She had the opportunity to handpick a successor to be the voice of reason and continue her legacy.

The way the republicans acted was not a shock, the fact that America has lots of idiotic people is not a shock and unfortunately the reality is old people are more likely to die. It's possible to be a great person and make mistakes. Most mistakes don't have much of an impact, unfortunately hers had big consequences.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

the other side of that 800 seats thing is that 1,000 would be a disaster, from what you've said, 1,0000 would be impossible.

20 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its good advice - I don't think many people shop smart...

I quit Asda / Tesco years ago and been going to the discounters for a long time now.  Better products and cheaper.

“If you don’t have much money, why not try spending less on things you buy regularly?”

I mean… it’s not exactly revolutionary thinking  😂

“Good advice” In the same way recommending a bucket to fix a hole in the roof is good advice.

Just now, Justiceforcedave said:

“If you don’t have much money, why not try spending less on things you buy regularly?”

“Good advice” In the same way recommending a bucket to fix a hole in the roof is good advice.

In this analogy George Eustice is the landlord who let your roof get into a state of disrepair.

5 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Hey, if you can't afford food...use a food bank.

5 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Yes let me find the value heating and gas suppliers! 

Also the advice is really not wanted from those who don't take it themselves. I massively respect Jack Monroe and the work she does to teach people how they can feed themselves well in poverty but MP's who spunk a fortune in expenses and claim their salary is not enough but want others to live on a fraction of it, not so much!! 

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes let me find the value heating and gas suppliers! 

Also the advice is really not wanted from those who don't take it themselves. I massively respect Jack Monroe and the work she does to teach people how they can feed themselves well in poverty but MP's who spunk a fortune in expenses and claim their salary is not enough but want others to live on a fraction of it, not so much!! 

I wonder how many packs of Aldi Spaghetti old Georgie boy has in his cupboard?

56 minutes ago, Neil said:

the other side of that 800 seats thing is that 1,000 would be a disaster, from what you've said, 1,0000 would be impossible.

But the Tories put out those numbers didn't they..? So, a loss of a few hundred seats doesn't look so bad, all things considering a win in fact.

22 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I wonder how many packs of Aldi Spaghetti old Georgie boy has in his cupboard?

Judging by the expenses below I think chances are low!! 

17 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said: