news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

SNP anti nuke stance ageing like old milk. Doesn't stop the dicks doubling down on it.

About the only thing holding back Putin is the ultimate deterrent.  Ukraine gave up theirs and now the consequences rain down upon them.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/trident-should-be-axed-due-to-threat-to-world-from-nuclear-weapons-say-snp-3598940

How do you feel about the right to bear arms?

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I think a majority of people in recent polling still claimed partygate was major news. It is far from over and this is just a temporary break from it. 

Turns out I can’t find this polling I mentioned, I must have made it up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well...I just interviewed a Russian and he wasn't scary like they are on the tv...infact he was nerdy cool, a bit like a Russian 90s Jarvis Cocker, and I developed a bit of a crush on him. I wonder if he noticed. We didn't mention Ukraine.

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I've only ever met one Russian - cool dude.  Nothing wrong with the people - its just the fucking nutters that run the shit hole - like most places - other than France where the people are awful as well.

I wonder how regular Russians are being treated across the world right now - its hard to imagine this hard cancellation of everything remotely related to Russia hasn't spilt over into the day to day 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I wonder how regular Russians are being treated across the world right now - its hard to imagine this hard cancellation of everything remotely related to Russia hasn't spilt over into the day to day 

Yeah...really. I guess they just don't mention it unless they have to.

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Poland going to supply fighter jets to Ukraine it seems.  Lots of talk of Russia seeing this as an escalation with Poland becoming a target potentially and Wallace pretty much agreeing that is likely and we will stand by Poland if that happens.

Lots of talk of NATO choosing if it engages Russia sooner or later - rather than not at all.  Lots of dangerous talk at the moment.  

Shits getting worse by the day.