news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Two other things I saw yesterday, and I wish I could find links to them,  was a senior NHS leader saying they are ready for this change and one of the professors around the oxford Vaccine also saying the UK is well positioned to do this with98%of the population now thought to have antibodies either from previous infection / vaccines or both.  And we have the best uptake in the world for the vulnerable and older people having had the vaccine.  Some countries might have higher overall number vaccinated but what is key is how many at risk people have had the vaccine and we beat almost every other country in that regards.

This women is a SNP politician - which should also be put alongside her DR tag for context.  And we all know the games nasty Nicky is playing along with the political lobby group Indy Sage and their political scientists.

The problem you have @crazyfool1 is you seek out only one side of this debate and scare yourself and others.   You are being played mate. 

Which of these is true? Can't both be. 

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Glad to see the thread back on topic. If by on topic we mean watching ozanne post his entire Twitter feed on here with no response from anyone. Great!

Don't post on here often, but read it every day.

Can't sit by and watch @Ozanne getting picked on for doing little other than make a polite 'point of order' request without my saying something. Fray and Barry today, but also others over a long period of time on this and the 'shit' thread, have shown that Ozanne just being Ozanne gets under their skin. Fair enough, not everyone gets on with everyone else, but when it happens with Ozanne it quickly deteriorates into macho bullying bullshit of this variety:

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The guy is entirely pathetic and he really needs a job.

For what it's worth, I've always thought that Ozanne's posting of pro-Starmer material has a humorous edge to it and I'd much rather he continued posting his material than not. When he's been challenged about it he does explain things, but it would appear it's never enough to satisfy those for who it causes a problem.

I also agree with @Zoo Music Girlabout the tenor of the general debate on the darkside covid thread, which is why I finally gave up reading it at the end of last year, and find it tedious to see it being replicated here. I find this thread on most days to be an incredibly useful collection of the day's political happenings and there have been many articles and links that I've enjoyed and would have missed otherwise, especially on big news days.

Keep at it Ozanne, I can't say I agree with everything you say, but I continue to enjoy your contributions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Can't sit by and watch @Ozanne getting picked on for doing little other than make a polite 'point of order' request without my saying something. Fray and Barry today, but also others over a long period of time on this and the 'shit' thread, have shown that Ozanne just being Ozanne gets under their skin. Fair enough, not everyone gets on with everyone else, but when it happens with Ozanne it quickly deteriorates into macho bullying bullshit of this variety:

For what it's worth, I've always thought that Ozanne's posting of pro-Starmer material has a humorous edge to it and I'd much rather he continued posting his material than not. When he's been challenged about it he does explain things, but it would appear it's never enough to satisfy those for who it causes a problem.

I also agree with @Zoo Music Girlabout the tenor of the general debate on the darkside covid thread, which is why I finally gave up reading it at the end of last year, and find it tedious to see it being replicated here. I find this thread on most days to be an incredibly useful collection of the day's political happenings and there have been many articles and links that I've enjoyed and would have missed otherwise, especially on big news days.

Keep at it Ozanne, I can't say I agree with everything you say, but I continue to enjoy your contributions.

Woah...nice one. An Ozanne appreciation post..

8 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Was just waiting for someone to come along and say this is bullying 😂 classic.

Called him out for trying to police the thread and just being passive aggressive to @crazyfool1 and that’s bullying?

And yeah I take the piss out of his relentless starmer posting cause it’s deranged. If you’re going to post 20 pro starmer tweets a day I think you should expecting some flak for that personally 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’m just trying to keep the Covid chat out of this thread (the name of the thread is ‘non-Covid’) as many others have also commented on not wanting this thread to head the way of the others. I’m not the first to ask for the thread to be brought back on topic away from Covid, you’ve done it before as well so I’m following your lead. 

How do you keep covid out of politics chat when covid is the hot political topic of the day? 

53 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes but when it’s a topic that has caused other threads to derail

😂😂😂 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

How do you keep covid out of politics chat when covid is the hot political topic of the day?

I believe, but could be wrong, that when this politics thread was created it was because covid was the hot political topic of every day and the non-covid related discussions were getting lost. The balance has shifted since Johnson got caught out lying and it is only now with his dead cat strategy of announcing the end of isolation that it has become a hot topic again.

Personally I don't have a problem with a combination thread, but I appreciate that others have a different view and reasons for keeping it separate.

17 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Well said. I don't agree with everything Ozanne posts, but I believe he posts sincerely and I enjoy the debate it triggers. The treatment he gets from some, and two in particular, is appalling. It is bullying, and if you cant see that, then it's probably you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Well said. I don't agree with everything Ozanne posts, but I believe he posts sincerely and I enjoy the debate it triggers. The treatment he gets from some, and two in particular, is appalling. It is bullying, and if you cant see that, then it's probably you.

What debate? Any questioning of starmer results in getting called a tory. You don’t have to look back far to see that.

Call me a bully all you want I do not care. You think I have some huge problem with the guy when in reality I just find his starmer posts totally embarrassing as do many others. Today I got invokved cause he was being rude to @crazyfool1 for no Reason at all. 

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Errrrm hasn't the covid thread been locked since last July? 🙄 

Personally I'd also prefer this one, or any other thread, not to go down the same route but in all honesty that's down to behaviour rather than topic. I highly recommend the mute function...

A new one got started in General Discussion area to keep covid discussion out of Glastonbury threads...

17 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

I believe, but could be wrong, that when this politics thread was created it was because covid was the hot political topic of every day and the non-covid related discussions were getting lost. The balance has shifted since Johnson got caught out lying and it is only now with his dead cat strategy of announcing the end of isolation that it has become a hot topic again.

Personally I don't have a problem with a combination thread, but I appreciate that others have a different view and reasons for keeping it separate.

Oh, i created it because the Covid thread was getting derailed with stuff like Polls and general political stuff.

Its fine to post Covid stuff here of course, im not the thread police, but i think anything particular to Covid should probably be better placed in the Covid thread

Just now, zahidf said:

Oh, i created it because the Covid thread was getting derailed with stuff like Polls and general political stuff.

Its fine to post Covid stuff here of course, im not the thread police, but i think anything particular to Covid should probably be better placed in the Covid thread

Yeah, I like this politics thread so I can seethe and vent my spleen (love that phrase) on anything sturgeon says and does. If I do that up here on politics discussions I get vilified and abused for being some sort of traitor and Anglophile! I dare not criticise the blessed Wee Nippy. 😉

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Which is fundementally where it is ? And I agree … although todays discussion was covid related it remained on topic for politics . And we will all have different opinions on where that line should be drawn 

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

This whole fucking thread needs moving to discussions or wherever, cos despite the title it's got fuck all to do with Glastonbury and we've an actual festival to get excited about again. 

Yep I agree @Neil do you think it’s a good time ? 

Edited by crazyfool1