news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve been talking about a political decision by Boris … sometimes there is a cross over or can you not see that ? Nowt heated from any of us … I’m sat with feet up with my cocoa 

The threads were split due to feedback from others a while back so we should keep other peoples views in mind. You created the Covid one so can you take the Covid talk to there please.

Covid chat tends to brings this thread down to the levels of the other one (as seen through your regular arguing with Barry) which no-one wants. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The threads were split due to feedback from others a while back so we should keep other peoples views in mind. You created the Covid one so can you take the Covid talk to there please.

Covid chat tends to brings this thread down to the levels of the other one (as seen through your regular arguing with Barry) which no-one wants. 

Aw mate this is embarrassing 

it’s related to politics and this is a politics thread in the glasto section lol it’s all off topic 

Anyway, back on topic.

Major was always going to be critical of Johnson but these comments are very scathing. A former Tory PM being this critical of the current Tory PM like this is quite something. I wonder how much clout he has left in the Party and if this will make any difference; I doubt it. 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Will see . Things may change .. can’t answer that one for definate 

Personally I think if you had 0 symptoms you wouldn’t want to try find out if you had it. 

Ultimately there’s never going to be a perfect time to drop these requirements but it seems pretty reasonable to do it now. Denmark are doing similar and that can hardly be blamed on Johnson or the tories 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Personally I think if you had 0 symptoms you wouldn’t want to try find out if you had it. 

Ultimately there’s never going to be a perfect time to drop these requirements but it seems pretty reasonable to do it now. Denmark are doing similar and that can hardly be blamed on Johnson or the tories 

Will see .. I’m cutting down my testing slightly anyway …  5 months till June .. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m out now but have a think about this Tom 

I’m just trying to keep the Covid chat out of this thread (the name of the thread is ‘non-Covid’) as many others have also commented on not wanting this thread to head the way of the others. I’m not the first to ask for the thread to be brought back on topic away from Covid, you’ve done it before as well so I’m following your lead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’m just trying to keep the Covid chat out of this thread (the name of the thread is ‘non-Covid’) as many others have also commented on not wanting this thread to head the way of the others. I’m not the first to ask for the thread to be brought back on topic away from Covid, you’ve done it before as well so I’m following your lead. 

Sometimes threads go off topic on every area of the forum … things also go back on topic too … I’ve also said similar you are correct .  But the discussion was about a very clear political decision … sometimes you need to concede you won’t like everything that’s posted … but give it time we will be slating the bloody mess this government have created . 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sometimes threads go off topic on every area of the forum … things also go back on topic too … I’ve also said similar you are correct .  But the discussion was about a very clear political decision … sometimes you need to concede you won’t like everything that’s posted … but give it time we will be slating the bloody mess this government have created . 

Yes but when it’s a topic that has caused other threads to derail and others don’t like then it’s worth pointing out especially when it’s only 1 or 2 that bring up that topic. As you’ve pointed it out before I’d have thought you’d be keen to keep it on track. 

• Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Anyway, back on topic.

Major was always going to be critical of Johnson but these comments are very scathing. A former Tory PM being this critical of the current Tory PM like this is quite something. I wonder how much clout he has left in the Party and if this will make any difference; I doubt it. 

well said Major. Think I agree with every word of that and I think people always give more weight to politicians being critical of their own side. You know when that's happening something has really gone wrong with a party.