news & politics:discussion

zahidf

28 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Beyond lucky mate - you are literally walking miracles.  And here you are telling everyone how vulnerable you are 🙂  I wished I had your immune system 🙂   Some sort of virus he-man

They must put something in the water down there 😄 

With a peak staff of around 40 (lowest number around 28ish), other staff coming and going probably totalling about another 15, most staff living across 3 staff houses, and us all coming into contact with thousands of people, we've only had two confirmed cases at work. 1 during Delta and 1 during Omicron. And they were both asymptomatic. 

11 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I wonder how they solve all the other crimes? You know the ones which the media aren't investigating and collecting evidence for?

For the other crimes they don't have to make up a ridiculous excuse of why they aren't investigating until insurmountable evidence says otherwise.

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Indeed, this government seem much happier just lying their way through everything, our system isn't set-up to deal with such blatant abuse of powers.

It’s because they know that lying their way through things works for them. All started at the referendum. £350m for the NHS. Sovereignty. Control the borders. Improved trade. Oven ready deal. No deal is a bad deal. Now all this covid malarky, the parties, the disdain, the arrogance. And there will still somehow be a large majority in this country who will vote them in no matter what they say/do. Whilst the tories have the major news outlets in their pockets and vice versa I just don’t see how any reasonable opposition leader takes them down. Whether it was Starmer or Andy Burnham or whoever else, as soon as they become a threat they then become a front page headline, which is all the Tory voters need to see to make their mind up. And with the way it seems to be going with the Saville claim, it’ll become more apparent if this is the approach that is adopted by the conservatives. The dead cat as Boris himself once quoted. 

There’s never going to be a perfect PM, they’ll all have their flaws whether that’s for personal or political reasons, but fuck me can we just at least have someone who’s honest and understands the average UK person. And by that I mean not these Eton toffs who can get away with illegal procurement and tender processes for their best mates, or forcing people to choose between a warm house or a warm meal. Things have to change eventually.

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Labour clear in the polls, a government in disarray and if an election was called now then Labour would win; cue Unite…

Interesting view from someone who claims to be left wing...

Do you not think bin men should get paid more or have a right to strike and have support of a union?

Maybe it’s you who is the closet tory here..

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

It’s because they know that lying their way through things works for them. All started at the referendum. £350m for the NHS. Sovereignty. Control the borders. Improved trade. Oven ready deal. No deal is a bad deal. Now all this covid malarky, the parties, the disdain, the arrogance. And there will still somehow be a large majority in this country who will vote them in no matter what they say/do. Whilst the tories have the major news outlets in their pockets and vice versa I just don’t see how any reasonable opposition leader takes them down. Whether it was Starmer or Andy Burnham or whoever else, as soon as they become a threat they then become a front page headline, which is all the Tory voters need to see to make their mind up. And with the way it seems to be going with the Saville claim, it’ll become more apparent if this is the approach that is adopted by the conservatives. The dead cat as Boris himself once quoted. 

There’s never going to be a perfect PM, they’ll all have their flaws whether that’s for personal or political reasons, but fuck me can we just at least have someone who’s honest and understands the average UK person. And by that I mean not these Eton toffs who can get away with illegal procurement and tender processes for their best mates, or forcing people to choose between a warm house or a warm meal. Things have to change eventually.

You are right but I was more pointing out that the Met have these ridiculous lines because their sole aim is to exonerate Johnson. Thats why it's complete nonsense when they said they 'don't investigate past crimes', when they do but they had to give such rubbish lies because there was no other way to not look into Johnson's crimes.