news & politics:discussion

zahidf

24 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's thoroughly depressing isn't it?

The only hope I can take from this is that the majority of the British public can see through this blatant cover up / smokescreen.

I don't really understand why - but people in this country fucking love the tories.

Just now, Homer said:

I don't really understand why - but people in this country fucking love the tories.

even corbyn made the moves he did knowing it would enable spaffer.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The report will have any incriminating parts for Johnson eradicated. Johnson will claim this means he did nothing wrong, he offer a fake apology and expect us to all move on.

This was the plan all along, the cover up will be complete. 

Plus the Brexit charm offensive today and sorting out Russia all on his own.

My assumption is that the Chief of Staff will be the one who really gets it in the neck as they're pretty much in charge of the day to day goings on in No 10. That will still reflect badly on Boris of course, but gives him the (potentially legitimate) wriggle room to deflect a lot of it.

13 minutes ago, MrHew said:

My assumption is that the Chief of Staff will be the one who really gets it in the neck as they're pretty much in charge of the day to day goings on in No 10. That will still reflect badly on Boris of course, but gives him the (potentially legitimate) wriggle room to deflect a lot of it.

There needs to be actual photographic evidence of Johnson at a party or messages from him where he comments on a party to leak out.