news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I can only go from the perception your posts give off and that is that you'd prefer a Tory government. Partly due to your constant criticisms of Labour regardless of how bad the current government do yet never anything on the Tory government and moving the goalposts regarding an apparent lack of policies/vision from Labour.

It shouldn't matter how other people make you feel, base your vote on the policies on offer that will do the best for your community and the country. 

I'd rather hoped my posts gave a perception of someone who is dissatisfied with the current Labour leadership rather than support for any other party but obviously not. I'd prefer someone who has more drive and passion and - well, a little less grey and dusty.

Edited by Ommadawn

21 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I'd rather hoped my posts gave a perception of someone who is dissatisfied with the current Labour leadership rather than support for any other party but obviously not. I'd prefer someone who has more drive and passion and - well, a little less grey and dusty.

Tbf you weren't criticising Starmer but defending Johnson.

Edited by steviewevie

12 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

I would take his comments with a pinch of salt. He's not exactly the definition of honest 

cummings liks to think hes smart, not smart enough to see that spaffer  was useless.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he knew Johnson had some skills...election campaigning for example.

yeah, but hes complained about him being a liar, like no one knew.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

yeah, but hes complained about him being a liar, like no one knew.

I guess Cummings suddenly had all this power, and then it was gone, and now he's all bitter and wants to seek revenge on Johnson. Cummings is obviously a clever bloke with all these ideas...but he also seems kind of childish in the way he has personal issues with so many people...just calling them shit or useless or whatever. Anyway, who knows what else he has on Johnson...and you're right we all knew what Johnson was like...but there he is, still in Downing St.

Edited by steviewevie

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so...labour/environment standards can just be set (deregulated) by government...don't have to bother debating in parliament...we can all live by Bojo's standards (i.e. fuckall). Still, nice distraction and will get ERG all juiced up.

He can deregulate all he likes but if people haven't got money to spend his Brexit marvel won't even get off the ground

Edited by Lycra

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess Cummings suddenly had all this power, and then it was gone, and now he's all bitter and wants to seek revenge on Johnson. Cummings is obviously a clever bloke with all these ideas...but he also seems kind of childish in the way he has personal issues with so many people...just calling them shit or useless or whatever. Anyway, who knows what else he has on Johnson...and you're right we all knew what Johnson was like...but there he is, still in Downing St.

if he had more dirty he'd have used it already, this isn't the first time he's driven boris into a crisis , for things to then go cold.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So looks like Gray report with fuck all in it to be released today and then Johnson will do some apologising in the commons, won't happen again, no more boozy parties,  and then we can move on to getting brexit and covid and Russia and levelling up done.

I reckon a whitewash will be noticed as a whitewash, and the tories will lose support because its a whitewash, my guess is it'll be released before lunch tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So looks like Gray report with fuck all in it to be released today and then Johnson will do some apologising in the commons, won't happen again, no more boozy parties,  and then we can move on to getting brexit and covid and Russia and levelling up done.

It's thoroughly depressing isn't it?

The only hope I can take from this is that the majority of the British public can see through this blatant cover up / smokescreen.