news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

if he was really buying himself time we wouldn't be getting the report until after the police investigation is complete...

He tried to push the report back yesterday but the Met said they had no issues with it being released so he had no option. He’s a snake that will try anything to weasel out of this.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

if he was really buying himself time we wouldn't be getting the report until after the police investigation is complete...

Sounds like there’s a bit of a tug of war going on with the release of the report. Johnson desperate to delay but Gray wanting it released in full.   if there is any criminality uncovered  by the police report then proceedings will be in front of a magistrate not a jury. That’s the reason I understand why the police are quite happy to see the Gray report being published now.  Interesting seeing a wavering Tory mp being interviewed saying today he had a one to one with Johnson. Obviously pressure is on them. Johnson knows this report is not good for him. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds like there’s a bit of a tug of war going on with the release of the report. Johnson desperate to delay but Gray wanting it released in full.   if there is any criminality uncovered  by the police report then proceedings will be in front of a magistrate not a jury. That’s the reason I understand why the police are quite happy to see the Gray report being published now.  Interesting seeing a wavering Tory mp being interviewed saying today he had a one to one with Johnson. Obviously pressure is on them. Johnson knows this report is not good for him. 

Sky News said earlier that maybe Johnson is trying to edit the report so Sue Gray isn’t happy to release it which sounds feasible to me.  

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

from what I've read Gray wants the whole lot published, and obviously Johnson will want some of it redacted...stuff about his flat etc, and also there are going to be a bunch of staff named in that report so need to think about that...junior staff etc., not really fair on them.

42 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The government have done nearly all of this recently. 

Recently? As I pointed out at the time, it is exactly how they played the Windrush scandal two leaders ago. "Not our fault for throwing away documents. You should have kept documents". Narcissist's prayer is textbook tory.

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that’s not a big deal.

And if it is, that’s not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did,

You deserved it.

It's my birthday. I'll have cake and eat it.

Certain sectors are trying to portray the partygate issue as history. We should move on they state, citing what is happening now and the governments' record  on covid.

What happened matters because:

- Lies have been told. What is the next lie? When does the lying stop? Will it ever? Our elected representatives govern in our name, representing us with our consent. We deserve the truth

- The vast majority obeyed the instructions/law and didn't meet or hold parties and drink wine. We on the true front line worked very long hours, came home knackered with mask sores on our faces and fell into bed having witnessed up to five people die amongst strangers. We held their hand and later cried ourselves to sleep...... And the next morning we got up and did it all again.

- The scientists, the NHS and the volunteers saved the nation. Not the politicians 

Edited by Lycra
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Certain sectors are trying to portray the partygate issue as history. We should move on they state, citing what is happening now and the governments' record  on covid.

What happened matters because:

- Lies have been told. What is the next lie? When does the lying stop? Will it ever? Our elected representatives govern in our name, representing us with our consent. We deserve the truth

- The vast majority obeyed the instructions/law and didn't meet or hold parties and drink wine. We on the true front line worked very long hours, came home knackered with mask sores on our faces and fell into bed having witnessed up to five people die amongst strangers. We held their hand and later cried ourselves to sleep...... And the next morning we got up and did it all again.

- The scientists, the NHS and the volunteers saved the nation. Not the politicians 

Aren’t we also ignoring the fact that the government’s record on Covid is abysmal? Over 150k deaths, hospitals on their knees, broken laws by the law makers, slow start to booster program to name but a few of the failings. 

All those bosses in those sectors want our their profits back up again so they can pay themselves handsome dividends again so they want to us to all forget about this scandal and get back to spending what little spare money we do have in their businesses.

We should never forget what they have done for the reasons you mention, they need to be held to account. 

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Aren’t we also ignoring the fact that the government’s record on Covid is abysmal? Over 150k deaths, hospitals on their knees, broken laws by the law makers, slow start to booster program to name but a few of the failings. 

All those bosses in those sectors want our their profits back up again so they can pay themselves handsome dividends again so they want to us to all forget about this scandal and get back to spending what little spare money we do have in their businesses.

We should never forget what they have done for the reasons you mention, they need to be held to account. 

Partygate isn’t any of the main stories on BBC News today. Looks like kicking the can down the road has helped Johnson get away with it once again.

31 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Partygate isn’t any of the main stories on BBC News today. Looks like kicking the can down the road has helped Johnson get away with it once again.

Quite a few of those in that newsnight Bury thing thought Johnson was shit but thought whoever was in charge it would be the same and it had become a media witch hunt.