news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well yeah, I mean how MPs see it. Sunak is obvious choice but maybe they think he's not ready for it yet. Not sure about Truss...would she be popular amongst voters?...I know Tory members think she's great, but they're a bunch of nutters. It's not a good time to take over anyway, let Boris take all the flak for the trouncing in the local elections, then replace in the summer....and hope not too much long term damage to the tory party.

That’s what I mean though, they are thinking about Party over Country which is their prerogative but they need to take action now.

Sunak’s getting his ducks in a row. Yahoo are saying he “accidentally attended” Boris’ birthday party. Or, he knows a photo of him is about to drop and he’s getting in front of it. That guy is going to make Johnson look harmless when he takes over…

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Sunak’s getting his ducks in a row. Yahoo are saying he “accidentally attended” Boris’ birthday party. Or, he knows a photo of him is about to drop and he’s getting in front of it. That guy is going to make Johnson look harmless when he takes over…

this is also the problem for them though .... depends what more DC wants to reveal and when ....  theres a decent chance that they will have all been at one of these parties at some point or know about them .... 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Robert Peston reckons it's going to be uncomfortable reading for Johnson and his MPs, but it is up to police whether to press charges, civil service HR whether to punish individuals, and MPs whether to sack PM.

I reckon he'll be ok because there doesn't seem to be anyone decent enough to replace him (although you could argue Larry the cat would do a better job).

Would vote for Larry the cat.

So...Johnson needs to go because he a dodgy twat and a clown and it's kind of embarrassing having him as our PM...but at same time if you're going to have a tory govt but want the govt to spend more on health/social care, levelling up, net zero etc., maybe he's you're best bet. In terms of next election, who knows what outcome helps the tories, Johnson is massively damaged at the moment, but at same time he's a celeb as well as a politician and he is always the story, I have no idea if Sunak/Truss/whoever would be popular..probably depends on how economy does over next few years and how levelling up goes.