news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Of course he will, it’s designed to let him off. 

Robert Peston reckons it's going to be uncomfortable reading for Johnson and his MPs, but it is up to police whether to press charges, civil service HR whether to punish individuals, and MPs whether to sack PM.

I reckon he'll be ok because there doesn't seem to be anyone decent enough to replace him (although you could argue Larry the cat would do a better job).

Just now, steviewevie said:

Robert Peston reckons it's going to be uncomfortable reading for Johnson and his MPs, but it is up to police whether to press charges, civil service HR whether to punish individuals, and MPs whether to sack PM.

I reckon he'll be ok because there doesn't seem to be anyone decent enough to replace him (although you could argue Larry the cat would do a better job).

Well they better find someone or they can fuck off.

If there's a bit of shit in my sandwich, I'm not eating it. I don't care if there's not enough bread to make another one!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There’s obviously better people to replace, nearly all Tories would be better than him in a competence pov. All they care about is who can win an election, they don’t care about the country. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There’s obviously better people to replace, nearly all Tories would be better than him in a competence pov. All they care about is who can win an election, they don’t care about the country. 

Well yeah, I mean how MPs see it. Sunak is obvious choice but maybe they think he's not ready for it yet. Not sure about Truss...would she be popular amongst voters?...I know Tory members think she's great, but they're a bunch of nutters. It's not a good time to take over anyway, let Boris take all the flak for the trouncing in the local elections, then replace in the summer....and hope not too much long term damage to the tory party.