news & politics:discussion

zahidf

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Apart from the dodgy chaos in government under Johnson...we are also becoming a much more authoritarian country with new police/border bills. He needs to fuck off.

i don't think trying to improve the laws for borders which aren't working counts as authoritarian, improving laws is about improving (i mean improving so they achieve what they aimed for, to control who crosses the borders).

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

i don't think trying to improve the laws for borders which aren't working counts as authoritarian, improving laws is about improving (i mean improving so they achieve what they aimed for, to control who crosses the borders).

it's the bit of it that gives the government the right to deprive british people of their citizenship without informing them.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

ok...so they reach the 54 letters after Gray report?

Next question...does he survive the no confidence vote? (BET AGAIN!)

I'm saying yes (but not risking my money). It depends on what else is discovered. If he faces criminal charges than no (but i think he would resign anyway if that was the case).

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

I think he'll still be PM by the end of the week but that a vote of no confidence will have been called.

I think I read somewhere Sue Grays report is likely to be released on Thursday, so the letters won’t go in straight away, rather they will wait until the new working week as most MPs go back to their constituencies on Friday so wouldn’t be around for the vote of no confidence as i think it is up to Johnson when that vote is called. The timing of it can have a big impact on the success (they were talking about this on Peston last week with May’s chief of staff - worth a watch) so the MPs submitting letters need to be strategic as/when they put the letters in. That’s why I reckon the vote will be called early next week to give it the best chance of succeeding in getting him out 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

it's the bit of it that gives the government the right to deprive british people of their citizenship without informing them.

that's probably something most of of the in-group agree with, that the group members shouldn't be allowed to take action against the group. without facing expulsion from the group.

22 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I'm saying yes (but not risking my money). It depends on what else is discovered. If he faces criminal charges than no (but i think he would resign anyway if that was the case).

tory mps are p0robably hoping they can go back to winner boris.

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Another thing that makes me think Johnson might survive partgate is that it could be seen as bitter revenge by Cummings, and there isn't much love for Cummings on the tory backbenches (and visa versa).

Another way that Johnson can survive is due to this report being a complete shame setup to let him off?

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

England scraps all travel tests for vaccinated travellers and under 18s...

Day 2 tests scrapped for unvaccinated...

Also 12 to 15s will get access to digital records of their vaccination for travel...

All hail King Boris 😄 

Happy Holidays 🙂 

Wrong thread

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You have no leg to tell people this given your recent form but thanks for the advice 🙂 

Travel restrictions and the impact go beyond just "covid" and its a great example of why King Boris should be saved and loved.

fishing by any chance ?