news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Perhaps because conversations change and evolve? Unlike the brains of c*ntrists 

Never seen someone so in their own heads about a political group 😂 Do you check under the bed and in the closets for centrists when you go to bed? Do you work on some kind of commission for mentioning centrists?

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

comments like that do you no favours ... its about winning people over ... and insults help nothing ... 

That you are more worried about "insults" than all the shit Biden has done (or has failed to do) is rather concerning. I didn't realise that people on a music festival forum's feelings mattered more than other people's lives. But hey, it's cool if the US president contributes to genocide, because at least he's not le big scary orange man right?

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That you are more worried about "insults" than all the shit Biden has done (or has failed to do) is rather concerning. I didn't realise that people on a music festival forum's feelings mattered more than other people's lives. But hey, it's cool if the US president contributes to genocide, because at least he's not le big scary orange man right?

erm  I dont think I said that .... dont make things up ... that doesnt help you either 

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay cool, but I've tried before to educate people nicely and instead have just been attacked and insulted for daring to criticise the mighty Biden

so given the option out of Biden and Trump who would you vote for ? given that there isnt any other option ? or do you not vote ?  

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

so given the option out of Biden and Trump who would you vote for ? given that there isnt any other option ? or do you not vote ?  

Pretty sure there are other parties to vote for over there, but unfortunately america (and also the UK) seems to be devolving into a two-party state which really isn't much better than a dictatorship. But even if there were only two parties "better than the other guy" =/= good. I'd rather drink piss than eat shit, but doesn't mean the former is a tasty delicacy

Pretty sure there are other parties to vote for over there, but unfortunately america (and also the UK) seems to be devolving into a two-party state which really isn't much better than a dictatorship. But even if there were only two parties "better than the other guy" =/= good. I'd rather drink piss than eat shit, but doesn't mean the former is a tasty delicacy

so the answer is ? that was a politicians non answer 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so the answer is ? that was a politicians non answer 

I already explained. Vote for neither of them, or vote for the least worst option but then continue to protest and call out and raise awareness of the shit they do

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I already explained. Vote for neither of them, or vote for the least worst option but then continue to protest and call out and raise awareness of the shit they do

I think thats what most people have been saying .... so there really isnt an issue ... like the poster on the previous page mentioned you wont ever support every policy ... unless you set up your own party ... I voted for the lib dems when they came in in coalition but was appalled by tuition fees .....  that isnt going to chance how I vote in a lib dem / tory  seat though 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think thats what most people have been saying .... so there really isnt an issue ... like the poster on the previous page mentioned you wont ever support every policy ... unless you set up your own party ... I voted for the lib dems when they came in in coalition but was appalled by tuition fees .....  that isnt going to chance how I vote in a lib dem / tory  seat though 

But maybe you should try something different next time? The reason other parties never win in some areas is because people spread this whole lie of a "wasted vote".  Sure it might take votes away from the lib dems and maybe the tories will win again, but at least in future it may lead to a policy change in order to win back those lost votes.

Like I will probably vote green in the next election. I doubt they will win but they certainly deserve my vote more than Labour in its current form, and hopefully Labour will lose enough to them that they'll have to rethink things too

But maybe you should try something different next time? The reason other parties never win in some areas is because people spread this whole lie of a "wasted vote".  Sure it might take votes away from the lib dems and maybe the tories will win again, but at least in future it may lead to a policy change in order to win back those lost votes.

Like I will probably vote green in the next election. I doubt they will win but they certainly deserve my vote more than Labour in its current form, and hopefully Labour will lose enough to them that they'll have to rethink things too

ive voted green b4 in the European elections because my vote had an outcome .... do you suggest I vote labour when they have no hope ?  that gains me nothing ... sometimes its also about conceding that the least worst option is better than the worst .... or voting for absolutely nothing I might as well tear up my betting slip 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive voted green b4 in the European elections because my vote had an outcome .... do you suggest I vote labour when they have no hope ?  that gains me nothing ... sometimes its also about conceding that the least worst option is better than the worst .... or voting for absolutely nothing I might as well tear up my betting slip 

Already explained why. Sure they might not win, but could lead to either policy change  or them winning in future. 

Should think in the long term too. Better to have a bad party for five years followed by a good party for 5+ years, than it is to just always have parties that go from a scale of shit to "i guess they're not too bad..."

Just now, eFestivals said:

I see the left are telling you how they like to make sure they lose. 

Good to know you're more worried about "the big scary leftists" than genocide and all the other shit these c*ntrist types enable. Further evidence that your opinion on politics is absolutely irrelevant

Already explained why. Sure they might not win, but could lead to either policy change  or them winning in future. 

Should think in the long term too. Better to have a bad party for five years followed by a good party for 5+ years, than it is to just always have parties that go from a scale of shit to "i guess they're not too bad..."

is that not what you do by becoming a member and influencing from within then .... how would you influence from afar ?oh shit crazy fool didnt vote for us this time ..... we have no seats left but we will go and ask him what he thinks so we can win some back ..... I take a less shit party over this bunch of idiots any day of the week 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

is that not what you do by becoming a member and influencing from within then .... how would you influence from afar ?oh shit crazy fool didnt vote for us this time ..... we have no seats left but we will go and ask him what he thinks so we can win some back ..... I take a less shit party over this bunch of idiots any day of the week 

Not all people have the time and privilege to be able to influence parties from within, especially as they're often rife with corruption and nepotism coughthePLPcough. A single person alone cannot make much of a difference, but if a party (A) loses a few hundred/thousand (depending on the scale) to a better party (B), than it may make A think "damn we're losing votes, we need to improve!" and so they become closer to B policy wise.

Edited by Gilgamesh69

51 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Good to know you're more worried about "the big scary leftists" than genocide and all the other shit these c*ntrist types enable. Further evidence that your opinion on politics is absolutely irrelevant

Notcsredof the leftists just pissed about how they help the tories win