news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Has anyone got a sense of how this whole thing is playing with regular Tory voters? I think Boris is a lying scumbag who would never get my vote. But then, I always did, so none of these revelations will have any impact on my voting intentions. I suspect that's true for most of this forum too. I was just wondering how the tory faithful viewed it.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Has anyone got a sense of how this whole thing is playing with regular Tory voters? I think Boris is a lying scumbag who would never get my vote. But then, I always did, so none of these revelations will have any impact on my voting intentions. I suspect that's true for most of this forum too. I was just wondering how the tory faithful viewed it.

This might give some insight. 

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

From what I've seen/read/heard they're divided, some cutting him some slack, some have had enough and think he should resign, and some who are reserving judgement till Gray's inquiry complete.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Met still waiting for significant evidence

What evidence do they need ? An invite addressed to Cressida dick ?!!  And surely that’s the point in investing to find evidence ffs 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Director General of Covid taskforce my arse. Will not be able to respond to any further questions my arse again.

The focus on individuals is inevitable but its the system that is broken. In my experience, those that rise to the top in all sectors are often not the most talented ones, they’re usually just the ones who want it most and are willing to do whatever to get there, motivated by greed and ego. So we end up with just a load of devious selfish chancers making the decisions for the rest of us.

Nobody sound is arsed with all the treachery, the cheating, the immorality, the arse licking you have to do to reach the top.

We need to move away from a capitalistic way of building a hierarchy - in business, in politics, in every sector. Break the system that incentivises the wrong behaviours and elevates the wrong people.

6 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

The focus on individuals is inevitable but its the system that is broken. In my experience, those that rise to the top in all sectors are often not the most talented ones, they’re usually just the ones who want it most and are willing to do whatever to get there, motivated by greed and ego. So we end up with just a load of devious selfish chancers making the decisions for the rest of us.

Nobody sound is arsed with all the treachery, the cheating, the immorality, the arse licking you have to do to reach the top.

We need to move away from a capitalistic way of building a hierarchy - in business, in politics, in every sector. Break the system that incentivises the wrong behaviours and elevates the wrong people.

Just need to stop freedom of press so no one knows about it.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

eye of the storm stuff though...but at same time I think a lot of people will never forgive Johnson for this. Maybe...finally after over a decade of shite...tories are running out of ground...

Without a doubt some will drift back and there will probably be mistakes by Labour along the way but hopefully enough are put off voting Tory for a while because of all this.

It could be like the expenses scandal which effected all parties but because Labour were in power they were seen as the establishment and people voted Tory. 

This is just a thought and don’t know if it’s already been mentioned.

Are there any techy sorts on here who would know how to get the super furry animals the man don’t give a fuck trending?

Great song and the lyrics ring so true to what is going on right now. 

just a thought after a few drinks, if anyone knows then please have a go.

Cheers.