news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lol - no need to get your bully boy mates to gang up on me 😄 

https://iea.org.uk/media/despite-brexit-the-uk-is-out-performing-the-eu-economy/
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1530173/Brexit-news-uk-economy-oecd-forecast-eu
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1523314/brexit-news-uk-eu-economy-growth-forecast-imf-eurozone-project-fear

IMF might know a thing or two about these things 🙂   

I can't see any signs of the UK economy about to collapse.

no there was something ... im sure .... bully boy mates Barry ? what the hell are you talking about ? I saw that report ... there was another one about the damage of brexit ... 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Brexit ? covid ? couple of things that wont help .... and I think you might have been misled on the out performing Europe thing ? ... I saw some other figures that suggested different ... someone help me here ? 

brexit is long term problem...obr forecast that GDP will be 4% lower than would have been...but that is a parallel universe so we'll never know...but we might start dropping behind other equivalent european countries. Maybe eventually we will get closer to EU, might even rejoin, but that isn't happening any time soon, labour or even lib dems wouldn't even dare suggest it...and it's why Johnson (or who ever replaces him) will want to keep anti-eu brexit shite as we go into the next election.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it could be that some Tories are thinking about waiting or that reason but they have to weigh up the damage Johnson is doing to the Party currently and if it's got too much that a new leader is the only option. None of them will think about what's right for the country as they are Tories.

If they leave it too long the problem for them might be irreversible before the next election.

maybe they'll wait for this Gray inquiry thing and see what happens in polls.

Spineless.

Remember back when Neil Ferguson and the Scottish CMO broke lockdown rules Tories instantly called for them to resign and they did. Now that it's precious Boris Johnson that shouldn't happen, they have to give him every bit of leeway in the world. The Tories truly are a pathetic bunch of hypocritical self-serving cretins.

Edited by Ozanne
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Spineless.

Remember back when Neil Ferguson and the Scottish CMO broke lockdown rules Tories instantly called for them to resign and they did. Now that it's precious Boris Johnson that shouldn't happen, they have to give him every bit of leeway in the world. The Tories truly are a pathetic bunch of hypocritical self-serving cretins.

2nd tweet in that thread, keep Bojo there cause he's shit.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The Tories truly are a pathetic bunch of hypocritical self-serving cretins.

Correct. The Tories in Scotland are in a precarious position and are desperate to distance themselves from the Johnson, Rees Mogg types. That’s why Douglas Ross and Ruth Davidson,though she’s in the lords now, have spoken out and want Johnson to resign .  Nothing like the fear of losing your seat to concentrate the mind. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

2nd tweet in that thread, keep Bojo there cause he's shit.

That isn't a reason to keep a dangerous, inept, liar in Downing Street. We can't keep a PM in place just because he might get replaced by someone worse or because he should've fallen for another reason. This is angering the public right now and is a reason to get rid of him now. Let's have justice now for this issue.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

English Tories vs Scottish Tories

That stuck up twat ReesMogg just described Ross as a lightweight and dismissed his opinion as irrelevant. He’s the Scottish Tory leader and an MP. No wonder the Tories have such a hard time up here when cabinet members act like that. 

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe that is in the minds of these tories too...wait till the right time then boot him out. But at same time Sunak could be damaged goods if cost of living problems from April onwards are as bad as some predict...and Truss' chances probably depends on that whole stupid brexit Northern Ireland thing. There are others though...Gove, Raab, Hunt, even Rees fucking Mogg...can you imagine?!...at one time Patel was the darling of the right but she has been a shit home sec so has probably blown it.

as i see it patel is keeping her head down.