news & politics:discussion

zahidf

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Resigning.

Imagine the scenes.

Unfortunately I fear it’s much more likely to be a statement addressing it, denying it, saying things like it would be unfair until the investigation has run its course and then using the fact he’s addressed it to not answer any questions in PMQs about it.

3 hours ago, stuie said:

I hope not! Looking forward to PMQ’s tomorrow. 

whats happening to me? 😂

Yep was going to go fishing but nope I'll be watching that... If he turns up.. 

I've not been toooo bothered but nooo I think this has crossed a line imo,, but who could take his place... Novak.... He's good at being an eel as well 

50 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Imagine the scenes.

Unfortunately I fear it’s much more likely to be a statement addressing it, denying it, saying things like it would be unfair until the investigation has run its course and then using the fact he’s addressed it to not answer any questions in PMQs about it.

This.

He’ll be pointing the finger at himself earlier and will try to make it sound “boring” because it’s already been dealt with. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

That Phones4u donor threatening to pull out of giving them money will obviously be their main (only?) concern.

They’ll let him get away with it, that’s why he does it because he’s so privileged that he’s rarely faces any repercussions for his actions. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Which distraction tactic will they use to take the heat off this party stuff?

Immigrants? Statues? The glorious power of Brexit? How evil the ‘woke’ BBC are? More fucking over the arts and culture sector?

Times reports they'll change the isolation period from A positive test from 7 to 5 days

11 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I wonder how he spins this one away - another business meeting ? 

last night vit was being spun as noise from people who've always hated boris.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

last night vit was being spun as noise from people who've always hated boris.

I’ve seen their lines on the BBC today: Focusing on the achievements and setting out how they’ll ‘build back better’/‘level up’. Essentially, ignoring the elephant in the room.

If he had just accepted and admitted it and apologised but not resigned it would almost be out of the news cycle by now. 

its bad they had the party but not just admitting & apologising for it has made it 20x worse.

at the end of the day in comparison to what you can do today 30 people outside is hardly egregious (it was more so back then of course) but i think its the denial and bluster thats worse than the actions themselves