news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Where is Johnson? He come out, front this, explain his actions and finally admit what’s happened. But he won’t because he’s a cowardly liar that’s been found out. 

He is hiding behind this Sue Gray inquiry because he think it’ll kick it into the long grass and people will forget by the time she reports. That’s why he just repeats that line about the inquiry and shows the contempt he holds all of us in. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Some Tory back bencher getting torn to shreds on bbc politics live at the moment trying to defend Johnson.  Senior Tories have all gone to ground. What a farce 

Everyone that aligns with Johnson ends up burnt. The Tories are cowards for not getting rid of Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I don’t understand. What’s the benefit of kicking the can down the road? Surely it just exacerbates the public mood?

Trying to buy more time to come up with more lies? At some point the conservatives just have to chuck Boris under the bus surely? He’s too dirty now.

Yes as @Ozannesaid, they are cowards. It’s probable that Cummings is sitting on more damning evidence that will sink Johnson. The reason Johnson was so reluctant to sack him back in the barnard castle episode 

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Some Tory back bencher getting torn to shreds on bbc politics live at the moment trying to defend Johnson.  Senior Tories have all gone to ground. What a farce 

Normally Gove will go out and defend them no matter what they've done. If even he's keeping a low profile you know they've really fucked up.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We should send Michael Eavis 

I can think of a long list of people I'd send to face down Johnson over a kindly Methodist from Somerset. 

Alistair Campbell would be good. 
Frankie Boyle would be box office. 
Stewart Lee would be my first choice. 
What I'd really like to see is someone with a real air of menace about them intimidating fuck out of him. 

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I can think of a long list of people I'd send to face down Johnson over a kindly Methodist from Somerset. 

Alistair Campbell would be good. 
Frankie Boyle would be box office. 
Stewart Lee would be my first choice. 
What I'd really like to see is someone with a real air of menace about them intimidating fuck out of him. 

SEND HOOK

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder if we'll get a covid press briefing later today on absolutely no changes to restrictions but get a booster.

I really don't think they'll be wanting to take questions from the media today.

I'd like to see it though 🤣

58 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

At some point the conservatives just have to chuck Boris under the bus surely? He’s too dirty now.

I think even the ones who are gagging to be PM might hold off on a leadership challenge right now. Boris has fucked them over so much, nobody will want to clear up the mess he's made.