news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Don't normally tend to join in with the pile-ons with regards to Laura, but this tweet is staggeringly misreading the room. Why does she think revealing how people felt at the time and thus that she has sat on this story for almost 2 years without saying anything is a good position to take?

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

Don't normally tend to join in with the pile-ons with regards to Laura, but this tweet is staggeringly misreading the room. Why does she think revealing how people felt at the time and thus that she has sat on this story for almost 2 years without saying anything is a good position to take?

I expect lots of people are now talking

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

If Oliver Dowden had any self respect he’d resign for this. 

The story doesn't say if he was at the party or even knew about it so bit unfair if he becomes the bad guy just because he read the announcement. Obviously if he was one of the ones there then it's indefensible, but we should hold judgement till we know the facts.

I do think all MPs that attended this party should resign, but considering one of them was Boris I won't hold my breath.

7 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

The story doesn't say if he was at the party or even knew about it so bit unfair if he becomes the bad guy just because he read the announcement. Obviously if he was one of the ones there then it's indefensible, but we should hold judgement till we know the facts.

I do think all MPs that attended this party should resign, but considering one of them was Boris I won't hold my breath.

I meant if Dowden is saying we could only meet one person outside for exercise whilst a party was going on or being organised then if he had any self respect he would go.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I meant if Dowden is saying we could only meet one person outside for exercise whilst a party was going on or being organised then if he had any self respect he would go.

Well there's your problem. 

Surely anyone still a member of Johnson's government lost their last shred of that a long time ago

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

story is ongoing...best to let it play out...but labour aren't being silent about it.

Let it ride out so it's not at front and center of anyones minds before piping up?! What sort of tactic is that?

The leader of the opposition needs to be leading the charge ffs.

57 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Let it ride out so it's not at front and center of anyones minds before piping up?! What sort of tactic is that?

The leader of the opposition needs to be leading the charge ffs.

It's ongoing...they are being investigated by this Gray person, and then we'll see. Starmer can call for Johnson's resignation, but that will just more likely make tory MPs be more supportive of Johnson.