news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Govt might end up doing some of this stuff...

Current talk is that government arw looking at loans for suppliers so the costs to them are spread, which feels like it's just kicking the problem further down the road.

3 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Current talk is that government arw looking at loans for suppliers so the costs to them are spread, which feels like it's just kicking the problem further down the road.

As I said the government really don't have a clue about what to do and don't really seem like they are that bothered either. I'm not sure what they think is going to happen after April but strong measures are needed urgently. 

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

As I said the government really don't have a clue about what to do and don't really seem like they are that bothered either. I'm not sure what they think is going to happen after April but strong measures are needed urgently. 

I definitely think they are bothered but not sure they know what to do.

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I definitely think they are bothered but not sure they know what to do.

They might be from an optics pov but they don't give off the perception that they are that bothered. They just spout the pitiful winter fuel allowance and that's about it.

19 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

He’s turning into a left wing Nigel Farage. 

Doing anything to stay relevant. 

but at same time in past Farage has divided tory vote and steered tories towards a hard brexit...so he has been relevant...and it's possible that a new party under corbyn's leadership could split off voters from labour. Like Farage he is still popular with a certain section of the electorate.

What happened to #progressivealliance and #GTTO?

Doesn’t feel like the best strategic play to go into the election with labour internal bollocks being front and centre.

Besides which you’d probably fancy Corbyn to win it.

Starting to think that by electoral pact all centrists really mean is all left of centre candidates stand aside quietly and let the public vote on their favourite colour of tory instead.

I suspect its bollocks anyway and has more to do with the release Mandelson photo with Epstein from after he was first charged with being a bad nonce.

What better way to avert attention than by putting fresh batteries in all the monomaniacal Corbyn hating dads. 

13F7BD24-14D1-4D62-B9E6-70C73B93CE02.jpeg

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

What happened to #progressivealliance and #GTTO?

Doesn’t feel like the best strategic play to go into the election with labour internal bollocks being front and centre.

Besides which you’d probably fancy Corbyn to win it.

Starting to think that by electoral pact all centrists really mean is all left of centre candidates stand aside quietly and let the public vote on their favourite colour of tory instead.

I suspect its bollocks anyway and has more to do with the release Mandelson photo with Epstein from after he was first charged with being a bad nonce.

What better way to avert attention than by putting fresh batteries in all the monomaniacal Corbyn hating dads. 

13F7BD24-14D1-4D62-B9E6-70C73B93CE02.jpeg

Maybe Jez is actually secretly leading the battle in UK against the elite peadophile cannibal cult.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

but at same time in past Farage has divided tory vote and steered tories towards a hard brexit...so he has been relevant...and it's possible that a new party under corbyn's leadership could split off voters from labour. Like Farage he is still popular with a certain section of the electorate.

Corbyn is still supported by a sizeable chunk of the Labour membership which could potentially be convinced to follow him. If a few Unions backed him as well, then whilst it could be argued that a new Corbyn party wouldn't significantly damage Labours vote in the short-term, it could do significant damage to their funding which is already under pressure.

13 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Corbyn is still supported by a sizeable chunk of the Labour membership which could potentially be convinced to follow him. If a few Unions backed him as well, then whilst it could be argued that a new Corbyn party wouldn't significantly damage Labours vote in the short-term, it could do significant damage to their funding which is already under pressure.

maybe.

unlikely though.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What business is it of his? Is he that desperate for the spotlight that he feels the need to muscle in on this situation that has nothing to do with him?

I think the biggest question is why the f**k Djokovic's family have got this c**t staying with them.

Bizarre flex from them isn't it?!

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What on earth type of ‘expertise’ could he possibly be providing them!?

My sister lives in Perth and said the country is absolutely spitting at this whole debacle.

He's going to get absolute hammered by the crowd when he walks on court it's going to be funny to watch.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My sister lives in Perth and said the country is absolutely spitting at this whole debacle.

He's going to get absolute hammered by the crowd when he walks on court it's going to be funny to watch.

I don't know...they will have paid quite a bit of money for tickets so probably want to see the best players out there.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't know...they will have paid quite a bit of money for tickets so probably want to see the best players out there.

One player won’t make any difference … he’s fucked them all over … they will give him shit … that could easily go either way In his performance levels … 

23 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

What do they think of how their government has handled it? Sounds like a huge mess all round.