news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I would suppose London has more tourists which isn't really going too be thriving at the moment along with the WFH order is keeping many away. That's what happen when the virus is allowed to run rampant though, the remaining amount of people will be put off and/or self isolating.

Anyone on here live/work in London? Is it really that quiet? I was down there in early December, admittedly before plan B and omicron started really taking off, and on a Saturday before christmas, but it was really busy.

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I would suppose London has more tourists which isn't really going too be thriving at the moment along with the WFH order is keeping many away. That's what happen when the virus is allowed to run rampant though, the remaining amount of people will be put off and/or self isolating.

Very rare to see tourists in Manchester. Occassionally you see them and they just look scared.

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone on here live/work in London? Is it really that quiet? I was down there in early December, admittedly before plan B and omicron started really taking off, and on a Saturday before christmas, but it was really busy.

Yep, I was in holborn today, pretty quiet, a lot of the cafes aren’t open, not sure about shops as there aren’t many high street shops in holborn 

22 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I live in London and used to sometimes work from an office right around the corner from that video. However I'm fully WFH at the moment (only been back there twice since 2020) so it's hard to say. I live in zone 3 which feels about normal for a damp January. My gym is busy.

My partner and I have been to a couple of big stations lately while visiting family and felt pretty busy, but it's so hard to tell as London is always quieter over Christmas in my experience.

We cancelled most social stuff in the week before Christmas to ensure we wouldn't have to isolate or anything before Christmas so haven't been out in central for a while. I did have plans tonight in Waterloo and was curious to see how busy it was, but have had to cancel.

That doesn't help much, does it? Ha.

I have been pinged by the app twice this week so clearly a lot of it about as I've barely been anywhere really.

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I live in London and used to sometimes work from an office right around the corner from that video. However I'm fully WFH at the moment (only been back there twice since 2020) so it's hard to say. I live in zone 3 which feels about normal for a damp January. My gym is busy.

My partner and I have been to a couple of big stations lately while visiting family and felt pretty busy, but it's so hard to tell as London is always quieter over Christmas in my experience.

We cancelled most social stuff in the week before Christmas to ensure we wouldn't have to isolate or anything before Christmas so haven't been out in central for a while. I did have plans tonight in Waterloo and was curious to see how busy it was, but have had to cancel.

That doesn't help much, does it? Ha.

I have been pinged by the app twice this week so clearly a lot of it about as I've barely been anywhere really.

live reporting from London.

This morning I awoke to find an enormous blister on the palm of my left hand. I spent hours fretting about where it came from. I was totally convinced it was a Covid thing. I panicked!! I really hated myself for ordering a takeaway from KFC, yesterday. And I felt really stupid for catching Covid while sitting at home.

I took a Covid test and shoved something into the microwave. Then I remembered I’d removed a hot bowl from it yesterday!!! I then realised this had caused the blister. I then received a negative test result! I was then left contemplating a little red mark, that was bowl shaped, on the heel of my hand. This confirmed my hypothesis. I thought I’d share this moment with you guys. I’m cutting down on KFC.

Edited by stt11