news & politics:discussion

zahidf

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Just another normal day on Normal Island. 

I swear this country just gets weirder and weirder. Maybe I didn’t notice it when I was younger because I was young but we really are not normal. At all. Embarrassing stuff. 

Honestly yeah. I'm so embarrassed by this reaction. What the fuck are we in 2021?

James bond for modernengland

Gets the bond girls pregnant then denied being the father,blonde, liar racist, homophobic, e xenophobic, gets everyone else to do his work and then claims credit for it, geymM's job by stabbing him in the back, corbyn bond, supporting the terrorists rather than bumping them off lthal with a turnoip[nicked from elsewhere).

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I don’t remember any of this hysteria when the Queen mother died. She was also a royal consort, and I reckon more beloved than Philip. Am I misremembering?

Had the piss taken out of her better by sspitting image. 

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Just another normal day on Normal Island. 

I swear this country just gets weirder and weirder. Maybe I didn’t notice it when I was younger because I was young but we really are not normal. At all. Embarrassing stuff. 

Lolol we're all nutters in one way or another lol 

Happy weekend old son 

There have been set protocols set up for major royal death for years so it’s an automatic response by BBC etc - probably needs a bit of an update given current situation and views on royalty at moment. It will be interesting if they review the protocols following public response to all this - when the Queen dies it will be even more of a response- it’s meant to be a month of national mourning or something. 
I wouldn’t be surprised to see them do a major review of the royal death protocol after some of the complaints and general negativity. 
we even got notified at work ( local council) to wear somber clothing on Teams calls and black tie for senior officers! 

1 minute ago, sedra said:

There have been set protocols set up for major royal death for years so it’s an automatic response by BBC etc - probably needs a bit of an update given current situation and views on royalty at moment. It will be interesting if they review the protocols following public response to all this - when the Queen dies it will be even more of a response- it’s meant to be a month of national mourning or something. 
I wouldn’t be surprised to see them do a major review of the royal death protocol after some of the complaints and general negativity. 
we even got notified at work ( local council) to wear somber clothing on Teams calls and black tie for senior officers! 

Current hot news on the BBC old man is still dead u

I would love to see the current guidance on what is acceptable to be played on BBC radio right now.

I suspect it is along the lines of lines of "Nothing too Irish, Punk or angry Black, mostly sad, nothing overwhelmingly cheery".

It is a fucking Joke. The crass assumption that we are all more moved by the death of a 99 year old royal Greek man than the millions of good souls lost to Covid and all those others near and dear to us is galling

I hope this is a wake up call to the many as to where this country's priorities are.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 2