news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Apparently not!

38827504-8453-46FB-927C-7D1E77C8F57F.jpeg

various journalists on twitter are suggesting he means Nandy...although not sure when Manchester or Wigan became part of the midlands, but then Cummings is from Durham so maybe to him they are...

(and he might be right about Nandy being better choice for leader).

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its weird this one ... she's seems close to Boris to me ... but this splits opinions .... she clearly had whispers from Dominic  cummings when he was a govt advisor ... 

Any good person at thier job will have connections old son 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Any good person at thier job will have connections old son 

yes I agree .... its how those connections are used .... she is/was an independent political correspondent that should not be a govt mouthpiece though and that should show in her reporting 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Always thought she was OK 

Yeah, me too. She gets a ridiculous amount of shit, probably more than a man doing same ever would. But, it does feel like BBC sometimes just puts out the govt line without questioning it, maybe because they feel license fee thing is under threat, and govt know this all too well.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

She gets a ridiculous amount of shit, probably more than a man doing same ever would.

...errr, seem to remember Peston taken to task on the old 'shit' thread for pulling the same mouthpiece propaganda nonsense as Kuenssberg. Both were as bad as each other at that game.

I can tell my political exposure is skewed because I always seem to see polls where labours numbers are going up and they're always always always lower than the Tories. 

(Fwiw I decided 6 months or so to try and completely cut myself off from the news, hard work on the ol wide web though)

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

I can tell my political exposure is skewed because I always seem to see polls where labours numbers are going up and they're always always always lower than the Tories. 

(Fwiw I decided 6 months or so to try and completely cut myself off from the news, hard work on the ol wide web though)

The trend has generally been moving towards Labour in recent months but the vaccine bounce gave the Tories a big lead and the movement has been slow so it’ll take a while. 

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

you must be missing the ones where labour numbers going down too! But Ozanne is right, the tory lead has narrowed a bit overall, but not enough...Starmer popularity rating still pretty bad too.