news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Labour MPs switching to Tory party because Tories doing better in the polls? 

Might start voting for them too. Always nice to back a winner.

Sickening isn't it, the greed and craving that some factions of society continue to display, fucking leaches the lot of them, no morals, standards or an ounce of believable human kindness and care between the lot of them. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, topmarksbri said:

This is obviously an extremely scummy thing to do but the issue is not with the individual doing it but the laws that allow them to. 

The focus on individuals is a distraction, I agree that the bigger issue is the laws. But the issue is also with the individuals. Not everything immoral is illegal. If Blair was porking a 16 year old, it wouldn’t be illegal, but it would be gross AF. Not saying those are equivalent, just saying I’m not onboard with those who claim that everybody would do this kind of shite if they could. If I made that kind of dough, I wouldn’t be worried about paying that kind of tax. I reckon I’d still have enough left over to get a couple of jumbo sausage rolls on the way home from dropping my big buiscuit tin full of pennies off at HMRC

*and thats just little old me, not a previous lawmaker, or even a previous head of a government. That old haggard vulture deserves everything he gets.

Edited by mattiloy

13 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I reckon I’d still have enough left over to get a couple of jumbo sausage rolls on the way home from dropping my big buiscuit tin full of pennies off at HMRC

I'm sure you would but I know plenty who wouldn't and plenty who'd see looking after their family as a priority over paying tax cos that's the right thing for them to do on an individual basis - why closing the loopholes is so important.

I'm also almost certain that the blairs don't make direct decisions about their finances and it's probably some smart accountant who'd done this for them.

51 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

The focus on individuals is a distraction, I agree that the bigger issue is the laws. But the issue is also with the individuals. Not everything immoral is illegal. If Blair was porking a 16 year old, it wouldn’t be illegal, but it would be gross AF. Not saying those are equivalent, just saying I’m not onboard with those who claim that everybody would do this kind of shite if they could. If I made that kind of dough, I wouldn’t be worried about paying that kind of tax. I reckon I’d still have enough left over to get a couple of jumbo sausage rolls on the way home from dropping my big buiscuit tin full of pennies off at HMRC

*and thats just little old me, not a previous lawmaker, or even a previous head of a government. That old haggard vulture deserves everything he gets.

I'm sorry, but the words 'Porking a sixteen year old' and 'Jumbo Sausage' should not be in the same post.

7 hours ago, mattiloy said:

I'd raid my tin full of pennies and go get some more of those jumbo sausage rolls.

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ouch.

Days ago that Twitter account was writing about how big a mess Labour is in and polling shows they are unchanged in the red wall. I thought that was nonsense then and this polling shows it is. If this continue then the Tories will have a very small majority of one at all at the next election. 

42 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Days ago that Twitter account was writing about how big a mess Labour is in and polling shows they are unchanged in the red wall. I thought that was nonsense then and this polling shows it is. If this continue then the Tories will have a very small majority of one at all at the next election. 

They kinda are though are they not? 1% point increase over the margin of error whereas it appears the Greens are hoovering up the soft-Tory vote from the last GE.

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They kinda are though are they not? 1% point increase over the margin of error whereas it appears the Greens are hoovering up the soft-Tory vote from the last GE.

I don’t think so. It shows that the Tory majority is close to be wiped out which with Labour making ground. It still shows a lot of work to be done but combined with overall U.K. polling progress is being made.