news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Looks like there's been a Cabinet revolt today for Johnson over his plans for an 'Amber watchlist' as the Treasury and Department for Transport has nixed the idea. It doesn't exactly look great if there PM is starting to get Cabinet revolts.

The thing is who ever is in charge will upset people.. 

Politics is a load of bollox.... If all sides worked to one goal life would be alot nicer... That's what I think anyway... Watch into the wild and relax people's 

This will pr upset some people... Fuck knows why tho lol 

d78491c78745f320f7c422c56663cf44--christopher-mccandless-poetry-quotes.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Brexit is going well. 

It’s a nightmare … when people ask why shelves are empty I tell them it’s due to brexit … most of my Collegues are Tory voters … hopefully some might start to understand exactly what they voted for … it makes our job so hard when in some areas you have nothing to pick … soft drinks is the area that’s worst at the moment … salad last week 😞 

I’m not sure why but any tweets that people post on the forum don’t show up for me. 

This page in particular is all blank posts or a comment or reply about the blank post so I don’t have any clue what the conversation is about. 

Does anyone else have the same issue? If other people are also struggling to see tweets on the site then maybe we all need to stop posting tweets. 

Screenshots seem to be fine, it’s just embedded tweets that don’t show. 

317077A8-3BD6-4436-95F3-E01FC40C95AC.thumb.jpeg.94c54c7dc30a31e6cbe6c7ae83c85367.jpeg

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s a nightmare … when people ask why shelves are empty I tell them it’s due to brexit … most of my Collegues are Tory voters … hopefully some might start to understand exactly what they voted for … it makes our job so hard when in some areas you have nothing to pick … soft drinks is the area that’s worst at the moment … salad last week 😞 

Isn't it a number of factors really (and not all Tory voters voted brexit at all plenty of Labour voters in the red wall did as the election showed). Lack of transport is one of the main reasons I hear, which, has with everything, has many different factors attached. Pingdemic of course, the very low wages for lorry drivers which is not attracting new people in and certainly no one young, with the older drivers earning more as supermarket drivers (In some cases) so leaving. Many of the overseas drivers had gone home for the pandemic (even those that applied for residency)so lets see if they return or decide to stay.

Now I have no doubt Brexit will be a long term issue and a shit show for some time. Think the government will have to look again at their immigration rules as we see areas suffering and this pandemic has masked the issue for them. They should of course be thinking about what they should do and doubt they have but with a bit more time between brexit and the change they will make people will not notice, or care as they want the shelves full again.

Be lovely to see someone say we don't need all this stuff really as we waste so much, get used to having less (you fucking voted for it)

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not sure why but any tweets that people post on the forum don’t show up for me. 

This page in particular is all blank posts or a comment or reply about the blank post so I don’t have any clue what the conversation is about. 

Does anyone else have the same issue? If other people are also struggling to see tweets on the site then maybe we all need to stop posting tweets. 

Screenshots seem to be fine, it’s just embedded tweets that don’t show. 

317077A8-3BD6-4436-95F3-E01FC40C95AC.thumb.jpeg.94c54c7dc30a31e6cbe6c7ae83c85367.jpeg

I see the tweet

19 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Isn't it a number of factors really (and not all Tory voters voted brexit at all plenty of Labour voters in the red wall did as the election showed). Lack of transport is one of the main reasons I hear, which, has with everything, has many different factors attached. Pingdemic of course, the very low wages for lorry drivers which is not attracting new people in and certainly no one young, with the older drivers earning more as supermarket drivers (In some cases) so leaving. Many of the overseas drivers had gone home for the pandemic (even those that applied for residency)so lets see if they return or decide to stay.

Now I have no doubt Brexit will be a long term issue and a shit show for some time. Think the government will have to look again at their immigration rules as we see areas suffering and this pandemic has masked the issue for them. They should of course be thinking about what they should do and doubt they have but with a bit more time between brexit and the change they will make people will not notice, or care as they want the shelves full again.

Be lovely to see someone say we don't need all this stuff really as we waste so much, get used to having less (you fucking voted for it)

yeah of course ... seems like the tory voters I know seem to be shouting loudest about it ... maybe the labour voters might now be thinking it might not be such a great idea after all .... we will see the impacts of pingdemic in a short period of time and maybe thats part of the bigger picture .... but lots of information seems to be showing brexit as the major factor 

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I don’t know why more people aren’t asking the question of why the pingdemic is as it is? The issue isn’t people being pinged it’s the virus prevalence being high in the country. 

The issue in the supply chains are only going to get worse, as you say it’s just to a few different factors but Brexit is definitely a huge issue and the warnings were given but sadly not listened to.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Depends if it starts hitting them financially they need materials to print papers ? 

Yeah possibly, I'm just being cynical about it. I'm not sure this will cause the government to collapse, they'll probably just invent a new narrative too shift the blame kinda like how Labour was blamed for the financial crash in 2008.

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just a Star Wars fan … 

The biggest question to me about that tweet is what year was the fucker born... 74 or 76? Pick a year and stick with it. Things like that bother me for reasons I don't understand.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I can't really see the media turning on the government.

They can get away with anything.

Really thought Tyrone Mings calling out Priti Patel at the height of the England team’s popularity would have led to *something but the way she refused to comment has worked out perfectly.

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is what Keir Starmer says about the report released today on the Climate Crises and also has a bit on what a Labour government would do about it. 

The changes that are required to avert disaster are massive. Hopefully now that it is starting to hit wealthier countries then this will start to get things moving properly.