news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Btw Palestine and Hamas are different entities. Hamas is a terrorist group. So Palestinian pedestrians shouldn't be bombed as retaliation for Hamas' action. That's not defense that's revenge. 

Some real poor takes on this here

38 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Btw Palestine and Hamas are different entities. Hamas is a terrorist group. So Palestinian pedestrians shouldn't be bombed as retaliation for Hamas' action. That's not defense that's revenge. 

Some real poor takes on this here

Hamad AVE the support of Palestinians within Gaza.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Just got a zoom call with the family and my brother is definitely in the Israel must be destroyed camp. 

Good lad, hopefully he'll be able to talk some sense into you.

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hamad AVE the support of Palestinians within Gaza.

As that old saying goes "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter". Of course they are gonna support a group that fights against their oppressors.

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

Yes everyone thinks partition was a wonderful thing and when India/Pakistan tensions are high everyone thinks well done Britain for a fantastic solution. 

The fact that much 20th Century border drawing was pretty shitty doesn't mean that generations later you can undo them and Gilgamesh is clearly out to provoke a reaction but I think it's fair to say that creation of Israel has been a mess.

Ah yes, once again being accused of being "controversial" and trying to provoke a reaction because I don't like kids being bombed amongst other horrible things. You do realise its actually possible for some people to have principles, and that not all of just sit on the fence, don't you?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Good lad, hopefully he'll be able to talk some sense into you.

As that old saying goes "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter". Of course they are gonna support a group that fights against their oppressors.

Ah yes, once again being accused of being "controversial" and trying to provoke a reaction because I don't like kids being bombed amongst other horrible things. You do realise its actually possible for some people to have principles, and that not all of just sit on the fence, don't you?

What method would you employ to rid the world of Israel? 

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

What method would you employ to rid the world of Israel? 

One state solution. Mostly secular but with some religious representation of course. Allow people to coexist as they did before. Get rid of that law where any Jewish person as well as their children & can gain citizenship, but allow those already there to remain. Reduce the military budget and use it to rebuild what has been destroyed by Israel. Something like that.

People talk as if ridding the world of Israel is an insane idea, but it's only 73 years old. The world existed for a long time without Israel, and I'm sure it can do that again.

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ah yes, once again being accused of being "controversial" and trying to provoke a reaction

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what are people's thoughts on the Palestine situation? I'm in the mood for some Sunday afternoon cringe 

It's pretty apparent you started this as you wanted to wind people up.

I don't think anyone here is trying to defend Israel's actions apart from maybe Neil.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

One state solution. Mostly secular but with some religious representation of course. Allow people to coexist as they did before. Get rid of that law where any Jewish person as well as their children & can gain citizenship, but allow those already there to remain. Reduce the military budget and use it to rebuild what has been destroyed by Israel. Something like that.

People talk as if ridding the world of Israel is an insane idea, but it's only 73 years old. The world existed for a long time without Israel, and I'm sure it can do that again.

What system of governance would you employ in this state? 

21 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

What system of governance would you employ in this state? 

I don't know. But that I don't have some 1000+ page explanation of how it would all work does not mean that I am wrong. The argument you are trying to use is really silly and no serious person would ever employ it.

7 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Not like Palestine which has existed for...

Thousands of years.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't know. But that I don't have some 1000+ page explanation of how it would all work does not mean that I am wrong. The argument you are trying to use is really silly and no serious person would ever employ it.

Thousands of years.

I've not argued. 

As you've run out of ideas I leave it there. 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's not my responsibility to have a full explanation of how a one-state solution would work. But that doesn't mean the solution can't work. Stop being a dumb c**t

Oh dear. Please play the ball and not the man. It only undermines your standing. 

Okay, simple yes it no: would your one-state be a democracy? 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Stop being a dumb c**t

I’ll quote you here but I could multi quote fairly easily so I’m not singling you out …. Is it possible for people on here and the shit thread to discuss anything without the use of obscenities to others … it really does nobody any good and doesn’t help whatever case it is you are trying to make … 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ll quote you here but I could multi quote fairly easily so I’m not singling you out …. Is it possible for people on here and the shit thread to discuss anything without the use of obscenities to others … it really does nobody any good and doesn’t help whatever case it is you are trying to make … 

Maybe you should be more offended by murdered children than by obscenities. If someone is being a dumb c**t and using pisspoor arguments, especially to defend something so despicable, then they deserve it 

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Maybe you should be more offended by murdered children than by obscenities. If someone is being a dumb c**t and using pisspoor arguments, especially to defend something so despicable, then they deserve it 

I could still be offended by those things without the use of that word … but thanks for the education … you gave me a decent explanation about the situation when I asked about it early on … but sadly you lost me later … discussion won’t get anywhere if language like that is used … like it or not it just puts backs up and stops people listening to your point of view … I’m out 

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Your solution will still result in murdered children. There will just be a larger proportion of Israeli rather than Palastinian. Both situations abhorrent. We need a workable solution here which when there's so much history, passion and faith involved is probably unlikely without external input/sanctions/mediation. And I know you're wanting to be pissed off or offended but calling someone a dumb c**t is a piss poor argument in any discussion.

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I could still be offended by those things without the use of that word … but thanks for the education … you gave me a decent explanation about the situation when I asked about it early on … but sadly you lost me later … discussion won’t get anywhere if language like that is used … like it or not it just puts backs up and stops people listening to your point of view … I’m out 

The important thing is the information itself, not how it's presented. I'm not going to mince my words, for I couldn't care less about how it might offend some white guys on the internet. I'm more concerned about those that are actually suffering, not a bunch of privileged folk.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The important thing is the information itself, not how it's presented. I'm not going to mince my words, for I couldn't care less about how it might offend some white guys on the internet. I'm more concerned about those that are actually suffering, not a bunch of privileged folk.

Presentation matters if you want to be heard. It is more than possible to be direct and not mince your words without resorting to personal insults. That just plays against you TBH. 

Your proposal of a single state is interesting but I don't see how it would be acceptable to the Palestinians. Israel has approximately twice the population of Palestine. In a democratic state you would L, in effect, just be handing over all Palestinian territory to an Israeli majority would you not? 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Didn't Hitler have a similar idea?

47 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Maybe have a lie down and come back when you're more in control.