news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Indyists define England via who England votes for why can't Scotland be defined in the same way. 

Feel free. Just don't define us by who 3% of us vote for.

9 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Interesting. I wonder if even the weather will be a factor. Its forecast to be pretty awful by the looks of things, i wonder who that’d benefit, if anyone.

I read yday on twitter there's been some studies on that and found that weather didn't make any difference. 

Last election (2016) the polls overstated snp support in constituencies by over 4%, a repeat of that rues out a majority and probs means losing seats. It's all about whether the SNP can get their voters out their voting not saying they'd vote for them. 

Tbh people are fairly apathetic towards holyrood elections generally, turnout is barely over half and I cannot see that changing much this year.

4 hours ago, mattiloy said:

What if Scotland get knocked out in the group stages at the Euros, would they get behind the mighty three lions then? INGERLUUUND INGERLUUNNND INGERLUUUND NAA NAAA

That's not how local rivalries work.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Along with the threats to cut power to jersey … it’s really going well 

Just now, steviewevie said:

So, war with France then.

Sending the navy to protect Jersey and the fishing fleet is perfectly timed news for the night before an election. 

They couldn’t have planned it any better if they tried. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Sending the navy to protect Jersey and the fishing fleet is perfectly timed news for the night before an election. 

Starmer needs to quickly declare that he would definitely nuke france if it comes down to it.

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

if only they'd built that Prince philip boat sooner they could have sent that too