news & politics:discussion

zahidf

41 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

It looked like Spaff had got away with it towards the end of this week but the Heil are still going for him: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9530685/JOHN-HUMPHRYS-Beware-leader-speaks-Peoples-Priorities.html

Looks like The Sun are his only friends left in the press? Quote from their opinion piece today: 

“The NHS jabs programme the PM and his team masterminded is the envy of the world. His vast economic rescue package has saved countless jobs.

No wonder Keir Starmer’s ratings plummet as he obsesses about wallpaper.”

That’s a very interesting price in the Daily Mail. It shows that some of the right wing papers are having enough of Johnson but also it’s interesting because of Gove links...

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I'll wait for Survation... (running poll joke from GE 2017). Some movement at last. Yes I know it's one poll but let me have this.

wasn't there a yougov poll with tories having a 11 point lead, and now this one. In other words...polls all over the shop.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

FrayBentos really has a thing for Ozanne. Bit creepy really.

Yeah it is a tad, I’ve had him on ignore for months but he really seems to want my attention. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

wasn't there a yougov poll with tories having a 11 point lead, and now this one. In other words...polls all over the shop.

This poll makes me feel happy and gives this strange feeling called hope, let’s enjoy it if only for a while 😛

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

That’s a very interesting price in the Daily Mail. It shows that some of the right wing papers are having enough of Johnson but also it’s interesting because of Gove links...

Even goves wife has been slagging off gove in the hate mail recently.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I swear theres no greater aphrodisiac to me than having pure patter with a lass and ya both roll yer eyes and give each other a look of agreement when someone mentions c*ntrists. proper swooning i was

Who says romance is dead ?!  

Fun week but the Heil are back to thinking the sun shines out of Spaffer’s arse: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9533387/MAIL-SUNDAY-COMMENT-Country-better-things-worry-Boris-Carries-wallpaper.html

Also ripping into Keir Starmer for ‘falling below the standards of the leader of the opposition’. I’m not sure starving kids and breaking the ministerial code/European law is the right standard for the PM but here we are.

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

👀

Looks like could be close. But safe to say pro independence parties will have a majority no matter...it's just whether it will be SNP alone. If SNP does get that majority...all eyes will be on uk govts next move, allow a referendum or not. I think they should...but maybe not for a couple of years...surely everyone needs a bit of a break?!!

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like could be close. But safe to say pro independence parties will have a majority no matter...it's just whether it will be SNP alone. If SNP does get that majority...all eyes will be on uk govts next move, allow a referendum or not. I think they should...but maybe not for a couple of years...surely everyone needs a bit of a break?!!

Aye, proverbial knife edge for the SNP only majority but the Green surge ties up the pro-indy majority no matter what. If its the latter Johnson will do his best to use that lack of mandate to kick it into the long grass. But every day further into brexit Britain is potentially another day of the union being weakened. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

The SNP don't have much in their manefresto with details about having a ref  so it'll be difficult to claim an absolute mandate for one. 

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Second poll that seems to be showing this increases in the Labour vote. Wonder if it’s a trend. We live in hope!

It’s the hope that kills you 😂 but yes I’m hopeful! The next poll is R&W Monday at 5pm, which will show if this is definite trend.