news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Love the conservative mp asking if his conservative mayor has support from the conservative prime minister, what an excellent use of his time in PMQs what is the point of the Tories asking questions.

mind you the way Boris answers theres not much point in any of the questions .... Its about time the speaker got a grip on this pantomime 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Do people really think the general public actually care ?   I still don't think they do or will.  Boris is right on that front.

They don’t - but with the Tory press ripping into him, maybe there’s something in this one?

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've made no secret that I've been really disappointed by Starmer over the last 4 weeks or so, but he was excellent today. Perfect contrast to Johnson's panicky anger. More of that please.

It was a masterclass today, he played it perfectly. The fact he could get Johnson so riled up is going to be noticed. He looked really rattled.

Johnson certainly looked like some of this is sticking.

Starmer also called Johnson ‘Major Sleaze’ which was a nice touch. 

23 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Starmer’s performance today has been a masterclass. Johnson has been completely riled up and has let Starmer get to him.

He seems very on the edge and under pressure by all of this. 

For all his faults, this is Starmer's bread and butter. As well as his lawyer past, him being ultimately a bit boring and bland looks good compared to Boris' sleaze. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Do people really think the general public actually care ?   I still don't think they do or will.  Boris is right on that front.

I think that the public cares, everyone I know cares. - The journalists care, the opposition cares. - I think the only reason that the public might not care is because Boris and his supporters minimalize the offense as a dispute over wallpaper. 

Also at the end of the day it shouldn't matter if everyone cares because if the offense is against the ministerial code or illegal or the prime minister has been lying the last week. Then he should be removed from office regardless of what impact it has had on the larger public. 

Also if anyone doesn't care that the prime minister possibly said "let the bodies pile high in the thousands" then i don't respect their political opinion 

21 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

whan hes spending loads on a flat revamp more than many pend on house they'll care.

with carrie antionette let them sit on john lewis sofas

17 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I think that the public cares, everyone I know cares. - The journalists care, the opposition cares. - I think the only reason that the public might not care is because Boris and his supporters minimalize the offense as a dispute over wallpaper. 

Also at the end of the day it shouldn't matter if everyone cares because if the offense is against the ministerial code or illegal or the prime minister has been lying the last week. Then he should be removed from office regardless of what impact it has had on the larger public. 

Also if anyone doesn't care that the prime minister possibly said "let the bodies pile high in the thousands" then i don't respect their political opinion 

It doesn’t have to be the public, if enough Tories feel that Johnson is becoming too much of a liability then they will trigger a leadership election.

We also don’t know if this is the start of a coup from someone like Gove. 

59 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just have to see if it has any impact in elections next month, I expect it won't...especially as a whole bunch of people have already voted by post....but you never know.