news & politics:discussion

zahidf

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Has Khan actually been any good - or is it just too easy for labour in London especially when the tories put up useless candidates like Bailey?

No idea, I'll still vote for him again though. He seems quite nice on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Isn't that the same mistake Cameron made with Brexit?

yep, maybe...I mean it's a risk.....but maybe not allowing a referendum now will make for an increase in pro independence in the future...and maybe a better bet to have that referendum now...Johnson is pretty good winning things after all.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Like brexit on steroids.

If brexit us bad beacuse it's stupid to erect barriers to your biggest markets.then indy is five times as bad as brexit but in addition to brexit.so barriers to all of Scotland's important markets

Maybe...or maybe eveything will be awesome.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Like brexit on steroids.

If brexit us bad beacuse it's stupid to erect barriers to your biggest markets.then indy is five times as bad as brexit but in addition to brexit.so barriers to all of Scotland's important markets

I tend to agree, I think we would be better as a Union of countries although I can understand why they would want to get away from Tory governments. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I tend to agree, I think we would be better as a Union of countries although I can understand why they would want to get away from Tory governments. 

I quite like the Scottish labour leader, Sarwar...I expect some will say he's centrist scum or something...but he seems to come across pretty well. Tough for labour in Scotland though,  they've got to argue to stay in the union and continue to be governed by UK tory governments.

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe...or maybe eveything will be awesome.

Everything will be awesome the Scottish greens say if Scotland burns all of itds oil. And they'll fund themselves by screwing England for the renewable energy Scotland generates which is owned by English companies and was funded by yuk taxpayers. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Everything will be awesome the Scottish greens say if Scotland burns all of itds oil. And they'll fund themselves by screwing England for the renewable energy Scotland generates which is owned by English companies and was funded by yuk taxpayers. 

I get more pro Scottish independence everytime I read one of your posts.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

And then today we have protests because a white officer shot a black 15 year old girl trying to stab other black people - which to me seem entirely reasonable giving the threat to life.  

Its one thing holding in-excusable actions of a police officer to account but its quite another thing when you attack and vilified officers for doing the job they are asked to do.  

The states seems like a boiling pot of tension - more now than ever before - they really need a national conversation on what they want their police force to be and do. 

The question is whether there is a more peaceful way to end these situations. It seems if the person is white there is. I've seen photos of police officers reaching out and just talking to a white man holding a gun. KIlling anyone no matter what they are doing should be an absolute final resort. You could taser a person to disarm them, you could just shoot in the arm or leg. 

• Upvote 2