news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Is it normal to be living in fear over in Sweden over the police stopping you because of the color of your skin? Is it normal that the police will shoot first and ask questions later? Is it normal that police are not held accountable in your country? If the answer is no, THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW. This guy along with countless others deserve whats coming to them for what theyve done. It shouldnt have to be this way and all of us shouldnt have to be cheering this much over one small victory. 

Wanna tell me this person below doesnt deserve actual justice?

I wonder how happy George's brother pink s at the conviction.

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

This guy along with countless others deserve whats coming to them for what theyve done. It shouldnt have to be this way and all of us shouldnt have to be cheering this much over one small victory. 

I know its an emotive subject and I can understand when people, as expressed above by others, are relieved that there was no miscarriage of justice - but gloating over an individual 'getting what they deserve' doesn't sit right with me, ever really. Like cheering when Bin Laden died or something. It just ain't my thing. But maybe I'm the weird one!

Edited by mattiloy

40 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I know its an emotive subject and I can understand when people, as expressed above by others, are relieved that there was no miscarriage of justice - but gloating over an individual 'getting what they deserve' doesn't sit right with me, ever really. Like cheering when Bin Laden died or something. It just ain't my thing. But maybe I'm the weird one!

Not sure you can call it gloating....more like a massive relief.

I wonder if this would have gone to court and the same conviction if his murder had not been caught on camera? Probably not.

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

I'm not the person you quoted, but I'm not sure those things are comparable. I'm against the death penalty, so when Bin Laden was killed I wasn't like "oh good, he deserved that, justice has been done".

Chauvin "deserves" to not get away with murder. And he hasn't. I don't think anyone is gloating about that, as Stevie said it's relief. The system isn't quite as fucked up as it could have been.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

We have similar with manslaughter.

Exactly. But a key point to prove for murder in our legal system is intent or premeditation. Seems to be absent in the US version. And they have their own manslaughter offences.

https://www.ussc.gov/policymaking/meetings-hearings/§2a13-voluntary-manslaughter

9 hours ago, mattiloy said:

The day your family suffers a loss and justice is not served I will be gloating over the person who did it to you because you obviously have zero issue with a terrorist being removed from this planet. So fuck you. 

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Homer said:

"Mr Yaxley-Lennon, who is representing himself at the trial"

This has got the potential for comedy gold

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56834322

Fuck sakes not this tit again. Every time he gets dragged into the Leeds courts his neanderthal followers come out in protest and shut down the city centre usually vastly outnumbered by the police who have to divert their time from an already busy schedule to babysit them. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The day your family suffers a loss and justice is not served I will be gloating over the person who did it to you because you obviously have zero issue with a terrorist being removed from this planet. So fuck you. 

I know this is probably coming from a good place but come on mate we shouldn't ever gloat over someone losing a loved one. 

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yep, just checked Binface’s manifesto. Certainly would get my vote.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It ain’t healthy to hate so much. You’ll get an ulcer! An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind and all that