news & politics:discussion

zahidf

The past few years, i've been quite introspective. I've come to realise that I need to be less angry and "accept the things I cannot change" as that old saying goes. Its a long process but hopefully i'll get there in the end and not be such a bitter person...

But goddamn do I hate royalists so fucking much. The lengths people will go to defend the royal family is insane. You've got people more angry at Megan than they are at Nonce Andrew. They all need to be Bolshie'd... except the heckin corgos obviously

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They all need to be Bolshie'd... except the heckin corgos obviously

In 1954 Susan the corgi bit the Queens clockwinder as he went about his business. The postman at Balmoral has been attacked as well. Down the years quite a few lower working class types have been bitten.   Even the queen received three stitches breaking up a mass brawl between ten of the royal corgis. So they arnt immune when the revolution comes😉

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In 1954 Susan the corgi bit the Queens clockwinder as he went about his business. The postman at Balmoral has been attacked as well. Down the years quite a few lower working class types have been bitten.   Even the queen received three stitches breaking up a mass brawl between ten of the royal corgis. So they arnt immune when the revolution comes😉

We had a corgi when I was a kid & he was a bit of a vicious bugger!

42 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Interesting interview with starmer in the times today 

... Probably anyway, I dunno he's decided to try and win people over behind a fucking paywall

The ‘Labour Left’ on Twitter are outraged over this, saying he’s a Tory etc as he refused to say the media reporting on Meghan is racist.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, philipsteak said:

The BBC weren't as terrified of the right wing press and the government back then. 

I do remember massive queues to see her lying in state, various royals standing guard etc

Wife was reading something out yesterday saying last time this happened, Petr Sissons got slated in the press for not wearing a black tie, Guess they can't win either way!

On 4/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, philipsteak said:

The BBC weren't as terrified of the right wing press and the government back then. 

I still can’t believe that they stopped Craig Charles playing both funk AND soul on his usual BBC6 Saturday evening slot.

Who decides that kinda shit.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:51 PM, ace56blaa said:

Tbh I think this video is a bit optimistic to what will actually happen. - This video talks about how the whole world is mourning their queen, when in reality the gammons of England and the weird royal fetishists of the USA will be the only one legitimately sad. That is a large amount of people, but if it were to happen soon, I don't know if England will necessarily come to a crushing halt because of mourning. I don't the world will be that enthralled with Charles as the new king of england, doubt he'd attract as much tourism and hopefully at some point we abolish the royal family

Plenty of weird Royal fetishists  in Australia. I'm not entirely unconvinced that if you threw them out on their arse's that our government wouldn't offer them exile.

6 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I still can’t believe that they stopped Craig Charles playing both funk AND soul on his usual BBC6 Saturday evening slot.

Who decides that kinda shit.

I saw Marc Riley tweet at Mogwai that he doesn’t think he’s on tonight after they said a live session was planned to be aired.

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I saw Marc Riley tweet at Mogwai that he doesn’t think he’s on tonight after they said a live session was planned to be aired.

Bizarrely, they were even pulling this shiz on Radio X. On Saturday afternoon the presenter's links were all his favourite facts about Prince Phillip!

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Australia will be wanting to leave the commonwealth after the Queen dies...no?

It's really such a symbolic change that it's not really at the forefront of any debate. Last polls were 34/40/26 for yes/no/don't know. 

There will be a bit of a rally in support post Liz, but there is a new cohort of Will and Kate fans so i'm resigned to probably not seeing it happen for a while. Referendums have a long history of failure in Australia 

19 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Fucking hell, we are a ridiculous country

Surreal and pathetic- Northern rail have done the same- efestivals should be next!

Edited by Mr.Tease

16 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

My employer is saying we don't have to wear black armbands, so that's good of them! But we have to wear "appropriate clothing" if we're meeting the public! Luckily I am working from home, so I'm wearing what the fuck I want!

With the leisure centres reopening will the kids learning to swim have to wear black armbands?