news & politics:discussion

zahidf

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Same! Cannot believe the time dedicated to a racist old man dying. 

Yea, I found it pretty bizarre with the national anthem followed by a lengthy discussion. Couldn't they just give a quick announcement and let people turn to Radio 4 if they wanted more?

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Same! Cannot believe the time dedicated to a racist old man dying. 

Yep I actually tweeted to complain about it. It's 6 Music turn the music back on and tell those who care where they can switch over to if they want to. 

22 minutes ago, Buddy Holly said:

Yea, I found it pretty bizarre with the national anthem followed by a lengthy discussion. Couldn't they just give a quick announcement and let people turn to Radio 4 if they wanted more?

Yeah exactly. This is utterly bizarre. He's not even the head of state.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

100% this 

I'm raging! 

Also replied to the person who told me I could just switch over quite angrily. There is no way this should be deemed important enough to derail all programming. To be perfectly honest unless it's something where we are all in imminent danger like a war being declared I really don't think any news is big enough to assume everyone should be interested in it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah exactly. This is utterly bizarre. He's not even the head of state.

He would have been if he'd had his way. Was always pissed off that he'd been marginalised. He wanted greater official status. And the royal house to take his name which it will with chsrles. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Also replied to the person who told me I could just switch over quite angrily. There is no way this should be deemed important enough to derail all programming. To be perfectly honest unless it's something where we are all in imminent danger like a war being declared I really don't think any news is big enough to assume everyone should be interested in it. 

Itll be much worse when breda dies

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I actually switched straight to 6 specifically to avoid all that bollocks once I realised the news channel was going to be a write-off, only to be greeted by the national anthem. How naive of me!

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Awkward moment when Harry turns up for the funeral...

Going to be an awkward moment if they dare have any more than the amount of people that everyone else in the country has had for the funeral of their loved ones.