news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Having the vaccine doesn't stop you having covid, but you know that, until enough of the population have been vaccinated and we can see the effect on transmission and the number of cases of transmission by the unvaccinated there won't be any actual science behind this policy, at the moment it's all speculation and assumption. If you are vaccinated and still afraid of other people a passport won't help you, you will still be interacting with potential carriers away from pubs etc.

Lots of singleideas are popular all ideas don't end there.in sure I agree with lots of your ideas it doesn't mean  want all of your ideas.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Lots of singleideas are popular all ideas don't end there.in sure I agree with lots of your ideas it doesn't mean  want all of your ideas.

Good point. So stop comparing people to Lawrence Fox or the death cult just because they share a single idea on a form of digital ID

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Honestly there's no point getting annoyed about it anymore. It's happening. We have our own choices over whether to use it or not, but it's what the majority wants and will feel safe with. 

Itheukhas quarantine to make people like you feel safe.

You have you choice to not have a vaccine passport.i don't have the choice to make the infected selfquarantine.reasearch say 25%wont.

21 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

It’s not a reaction to Covid at all. The idea of vaccine passports or a ‘health passport’ or common pass etc outdates the pandemic by years.

Well if someone’s had their vaccine it shouldn’t matter anyway? They shouldn’t be infected.

No one gets a choice about getting infected or other illnesses.are you really blaming the1500000 covid deaths on those people.

24 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Having the vaccine doesn't stop you having covid,

It's not an absolute. But it Does reduce the chances there's some good research from care homes which shows this

but you know that, until enough of the population have been vaccinated and we can see the effect on transmission and the number of cases of transmission by the unvaccinated there won't be any actual science behind this policy,

There is science behind it try reading some.

at the moment it's all speculation and assumption.

Your scaremongering

If you are vaccinated and still afraid of other people a passport won't help you, you will still be interacting with potential carriers away from pubs etc.

A passport,reduces the chances of interacting with carriers.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Show something from history where temporty infection control mesursve become a perminsnt way of control.. Unless you can youre talking scare. Ongering crap. The evidence that justifies rthem is covid. 

Still waiting for the examples you say exist. There's a reason why you're not giving them

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You can't argue with that cos you're aware of your own flaws.

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Still waiting for the examples you say exist. There's a reason why you're not giving them

I didn't argue because I didn't understand it, it was gibberish!

I never said there were examples from history you came up with that one on your own.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're on medication hence the bizarre replies, I'll say again get well soon, I'm out.

I didn't argue because I didn't understand it, it was gibberish!

It wasnt i was pointing out that no one should trust your better ideas because you also have shit ideas. 

I never said there were examples from history you came up with that one on your own.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're on medication hence the bizarre replies, I'll say again get well soon, I'm out.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

"most EU states already have I'd cards" - True but you don't need to show them to get into a bar or shop.

By accepting a vaccine passport to go about your normal life you are accepting total control over your own medical situation, if the vaccine passport has to be "up to date" then the government can mandate any future vaccine in order for you to live, it's easy to say (as Mcshed does) that this is just a temporary emergency measure but history shows these temporary restrictions tend to become the norm. Again I say, where is the evidence that justifies them?

History shows so show

53 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Itheukhas quarantine to make people like you feel safe.

You have you choice to not have a vaccine passport.i don't have the choice to make the infected selfquarantine.reasearch say 25%wont.

"People like me"  I feel perfectly safe anyway, so like i say I'm going along with whatever happens. I'll even take a vaccine because I'm expected to. Not a whole lot of need for "people like you" unless we're on thought crime territory 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It wasnt i was pointing out that no one should trust your better ideas because you also have shit ideas. 

The bizarre around here is your own made up and avoidance at least theres scientific reasion for my bizarrare. Youve jutgone fruitcakeby yourself. 

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

"People like me"  I feel perfectly safe anyway, so like i say I'm going along with whatever happens. I'll even take a vaccine because I'm expected to. Not a whole lot of need for "people like you" unless we're on thought crime territory 

Your thoughts are a crime against evolution. 

56 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I am going to get the jab and then I will have zero fear of covid but I still support the concept of covid passports if its a choice between them or social distancing / masks. 

It isn't about you or me, its about the person who can't have the vaccine.

If its shown we can achieve herd immunity and there is little to worry about I wouldn't support them on a "just in case" basis.

I fully expect to see mass gatherings restricted in winter  and flu vaccines made mandatory on the vaccine passport because we can stop another 25k deaths that way too. That would prove its just about preventing deaths and illness.

Edited by efcfanwirral

A flyer being delivered by shadow equalities minister Charlotte Nichols today.

If she doesnt resign or get the sack in the next few days then the rancid stink of hypocrisy from the labour party will be detectable on the moon. Gang of racists.

D019CE51-82AE-4083-8CDF-4519550881F5.jpeg

23 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

A flyer being delivered by shadow equalities minister Charlotte Nichols today.

If she doesnt resign or get the sack in the next few days then the rancid stink of hypocrisy from the labour party will be detectable on the moon. Gang of racists.

D019CE51-82AE-4083-8CDF-4519550881F5.jpeg

man, that is so dodgy. She should resign.

• Upvote 1