news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Who do you think they’d prefer as PM out of the current batch? Gove?

I think the thinking is that Gove is Murdoch's preference anyway.

Gotta be a straight shoot between Gove and Sunak surely? Though the tory hardcore do like to propel a right wing nutjob curveball into the top jog (Patel?!). I reckon Hunt has been positioning himself for another run too.

Edited by Homer

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

The Daily Mail isn't exactly the most supportive of papers towards Johnson, is it?

I don't know, "Mr Johnson has complained the cost of the refurbishment by Carrie Symonds was 'totally out of control'" makes it sound like the poor guy is trying his best and his crazy fiancée is demanding gold wallpaper.

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I agree but please do not use sexist language like that 🙏

How would you describe her? It’s well known that Boris is a serial spaffer and has left a string of very public failed marriages and affairs in his wake resulting in many offspring. 

Anyone getting romantically involved with him know this. The best way to gain some control over him is to get pregnant by him. At least the unfortunate conquests will then retain some financial claim over him when the relationship ultimately breaks down. 

I’d love to see his annual CMS report. I wouldn’t actually be surprised if CMS was set up because the CSA couldn’t keep track of his prodigious activity.  

I had always thought that Boris would resign after the whole Covid thing was over but the fact that he hasn't really taken a big hit in the current polls makes me thinks he'll wanna hold on now

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

How would you describe her? It’s well known that Boris is a serial spaffer and has left a string of very public failed marriages and affairs in his wake resulting in many offspring. 

Anyone getting romantically involved with him know this. The best way to gain some control over him is to get pregnant by him. At least the unfortunate conquests will then retain some financial claim over him when the relationship ultimately breaks down. 

I’d love to see his annual CMS report. I wouldn’t actually be surprised if CMS was set up because the CSA couldn’t keep track of his prodigious activity.  

I just think it's pretty inappropriate - even more so now as it's women's history month - to refer to a woman as a "baby maker". She's also an activist and a conservationist, so it's like reducing a woman to just her uterus and saying that anything else she does is unimportant.

Of course she probably is still terrible on account of being a Tory, but let's attack her for that instead

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I just think it's pretty inappropriate - even more so now as it's women's history month - to refer to a woman as a "baby maker". She's also an activist and a conservationist, so it's like reducing a woman to just her uterus and saying that anything else she does is unimportant.

Of course she probably is still terrible on account of being a Tory, but let's attack her for that instead

She's also a member of Conservative friends of Russia, bless her.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Out of upvotes but this. Arguably it makes even more sense to call Boris a baby maker since he has made more, but no one reduces a man to his reproductive parts, even one as feckless as him.

Spaffer and the Baby makers has a nice ring to it. Sounds like it could be an alt rock band. 

Any woman getting involved with our PM know what they are getting themselves in for. Don’t be fooled that they are some innocent starlet getting won over by his boyish charm. 

They are using him to further their own career and wealth. Would any of us have heard of Carrie Symonds if not for her getting pregnant by him? 

As shown by that article, she seems to be doing quite well financially out of the deal. She has certainly used her uterus to her advantage. 

35 minutes ago, Haan said:

I had always thought that Boris would resign after the whole Covid thing was over but the fact that he hasn't really taken a big hit in the current polls makes me thinks he'll wanna hold on now

yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere...if he can get through all this intact then he probably feels he can stay PM until the next election, and then the one after that. He has made mistakes during the pandemic that have cost lives, but I think a lot of people are willing to cut him some slack as all unprecedented, we're not the only ones who have suffered, would labour have done any better etc etc., and now with the successful vaccine rollout he can justificably claim some credit for getting us out of lockdown earlier than our european neighbours/rivals.

36 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Out of upvotes but this. Arguably it makes even more sense to call Boris a baby maker since he has made more, but no one reduces a man to his reproductive parts, even one as feckless as him.

Women are frequently judged for having too many/not enough children, being to young/old when they have kids, or going back to work/being a stay at home mum. We can't win.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Spaffer and the Baby makers has a nice ring to it. Sounds like it could be an alt rock band. 

Any woman getting involved with our PM know what they are getting themselves in for. Don’t be fooled that they are some innocent starlet getting won over by his boyish charm. 

They are using him to further their own career and wealth. Would any of us have heard of Carrie Symonds if not for her getting pregnant by him? 

As shown by that article, she seems to be doing quite well financially out of the deal. She has certainly used her uterus to her advantage. 

image.png.f169d5ecbf46f4f3910ae896f600ff61.png

48 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson really popular in April...was that when he got covid...but really unpopular in October when 2nd wave started and we had all that Tier stuff. His popularity now shooting up with the success of the vaccines and will likely continue to rise. Starmer losing his mojo. Where's Corbyn?