Jump to content

Your most controversial music opinions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that was a trick I concocted to out the real Nickelback fans of the forum.

Real real ones know that they were never that good to begin with.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I feel ya

Though to be fair they don't go as far as to add in a rap that goes

'I get around, with my big boner'

That reminds me, Brian Wilson disagrees with me, he prefers the Dave Lee Roth version of California Girls. 

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit late to the Chems party but Electrobank is their best tune.

And Born Slippy is the greatest piece of dance music ever created.

I don't have a strong opinion on best Chems  song, but Born Slippy is a shit song that got more airplay than it deserved due to being in Trainspotting

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit late to the Chems party but Electrobank is their best tune.

And Born Slippy is the greatest piece of dance music ever created.

Definitely their best video, and as a tune it's up there too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dancing Queen is jaw-dropping.  You could make arguments for things like The Winner Takes It All or Mama Mia being ABBA's best song (or Angel Eyes which I'm extraordinarily fond of) - but when it comes down to it it's the most popular for a reason.

The Visitors is Abba's best song.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

 

And Born Slippy is the most overplayed piece of dance music ever created.

Fix it

16 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I don't have a strong opinion on best Chems  song, but Born Slippy is a shit song that got more airplay than it deserved due to being in Trainspotting

Hard agree with the airplay not so much the shit song bit - I quite like it as tunes go, in full not the shitty half length radio edit.

But Underwood milk the life out if it, last time I saw them they looped it for what felt a frickin hour before actually dropping it - I get it, to the casual listener it probably made their night & you can't help but dance when it finally frickin drops - all that said I'd much rather be dancing to 2 Months Off, Jumbo or Rez because they are by far better tunes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Fix it

Hard agree with the airplay not so much the shit song bit - I quite like it as tunes go, in full not the shitty half length radio edit.

But Underwood milk the life out if it, last time I saw them they looped it for what felt a frickin hour before actually dropping it - I get it, to the casual listener it probably made their night & you can't help but dance when it finally frickin drops - all that said I'd much rather be dancing to 2 Months Off, Jumbo or Rez because they are by far better tunes.

Nah man, those chords are euphoric when they finally drop. The longer they loop it the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nah man, those chords are euphoric when they finally drop. The longer they loop it the better.

Pfft! 

There with your can of Special Brew chanting 'Larger, larger, larger....'

Said very tongue in cheek btw 😁

As stated I do actually like it, it's on a few of my running playlists & I always pick up the pace & have a massive grin when it shuffles in - I've just been in far too many environments when it's being enjoyed then as the build starts more & more muppets pile on chanting & singing the incorrect offensive lyrics.  Underworld could loop it as much as they like if they could make the asshats stay in their caves.

The actual lyrics read well as a poem - bar the chorus, that can get in the frickin sea!

 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Going for a shite > ABBA > Chemical Brothers 

Who woke rock Grandpa up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though to be fair they don't go as far as to add in a rap that goes

'I get around, with my big boner'

Doesn't scan. Try "I get around her, with my big boner".

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Pfft! 

There with your can of Special Brew chanting 'Larger, larger, larger....'

Said very tongue in cheek btw 😁

As stated I do actually like it, it's on a few of my running playlists & I always pick up the pace & have a massive grin when it shuffles in - I've just been in far too many environments when it's being enjoyed then as the build starts more & more muppets pile on chanting & singing the incorrect offensive lyrics.  Underworld could loop it as much as they like if they could make the asshats stay in their caves.

The actual lyrics read well as a poem - bar the chorus, that can get in the frickin sea!

 

Who woke rock Grandpa up?

You know I mean this bit:

and this bit:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

 Who woke rock Grandpa up?

Hey. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.*

 

 

 

*Woah oo oh oh ohhhhhh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I dangled a little Chems worm at Gnom on Twitter earlier, disappointingly he didn't go for it.

I'd missed that. Now I'm an influencer, it's hard to keep up. I get while people like them to be fair, they have some tunes that I could listen to for almost a minute before getting bored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd missed that. Now I'm an influencer, it's hard to keep up. I get while people like them to be fair, they have some tunes that I could listen to for almost a minute before getting bored.

I do love how quickly you can produce a dog picture for any occasion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I do love how quickly you can produce a dog picture for any occasion.

I have a folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You know I mean this bit:

and this bit:

 

Managed to play both clips at the same time, just now, creating an infinite Born Slippy time loop - stuck in build up loop forever - where the drop never happens!

 

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Hey. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.*

 

 

 

*Woah oo oh oh ohhhhhh

Get your glow sticks out grandpa you know you love it really 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit late to the Chems party but Electrobank is their best tune.

And Born Slippy is the greatest piece of dance music ever created.

Born Slippy is the anthem of a generation.

But @DirtyLurkeris right, Two Months Off is better. As is Scribble, Rez, Jumbo, Cowgirl, King of Snake..

Love em. 

 

 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...