Jump to content

Your most controversial music opinions


CaledonianGonzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She was the most famous person in the country five years on from her breakthrough album then? She wasn’t going to fade away, clearly.

Famous for being a trainwreck and the ‘will she/when will she/won’t she’ talk of a follow up album. 

Like I said, her star was soon to be eclipsed by Adele for doing a similar but arguably more commercial thing. I think Amy’s next album would’ve done really well commercially initially, but people already had their new star, and this one actually pumped out hits/albums and wasn’t more famous for being an addict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Famous for being a trainwreck and the ‘will she/when will she/won’t she’ talk of a follow up album. 

Like I said, her star was soon to be eclipsed by Adele for doing a similar but arguably more commercial thing. I think Amy’s next album would’ve done really well commercially initially, but people already had their new star, and this one actually pumped out hits/albums and wasn’t more famous for being an addict.

The Adele thing is a bit apples and oranges tbh.  I'm not sure that their careers were a zero sum game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Adele thing is a bit apples and oranges tbh.  I'm not sure that their careers were a zero sum game.

Maybe a bit presumptive, but I imagine they largely had/have a similar fickle audience.

Not that there can only be one, but I just think the long wait for whatever came next from Amy would lead to diminishing returns and people would move on once realising the new album isn’t just another Back to Black or whatever. The wait for what came next was probably more exciting than what was actually gonna come next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stone Roses and Daft Punk are overrated shite.

Green Day should have, or should still headline GF.

Stereophonics are clearly a better band than what they're considered inside this forums walls.

People who think Oasis and Beatles are "shit" haven't listened to anywhere near enough of their music and I don't really trust what else they'd have to say.

Noel Gallagher, McCartney/Lennon and Alex Turner, are the greatest songwriters of all time.

Bruce Springsteen is cack.

Don't get me started on The Streets.

Idles and Fontaines DC are absolutely woeful. 

Celine Dion for legends slot.

If Lizzo looked like Ariana Grande no one would give a shit about her music.

Edited by Stokesy10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Their time to do it was around 04/05 when American Idiot was the biggest album on the planet.

Then or the album afterwards around 2009 when they were still reeling off the success of American Idiot. 

They’ve kind of sunk off a little bit now, especially after that weird/shit new album last year, so I can’t really imagine them being booked these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Then or the album afterwards around 2009 when they were still reeling off the success of American Idiot. 

They’ve kind of sunk off a little bit now, especially after that weird/shit new album last year, so I can’t really imagine them being booked these days.

If Reading/Leeds booked them to headline these days we’d be calling it desperate. Would feel even more bizarre for GF to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 11:59 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

'Africa' by Toto is shite and it's surge in popularity in recent years is because it's became a meme rather than the quality (or lack of it) of the track itself.

I had never heard Africa until it was played in The Doghouse at Download Festival in 2017. I was 24 at the time and stood there asking my friends what song it was and why everyone was going mad for it. They were genuinely, completely shocked that I had never heard it in 24 years. 
 

I agree it is an absolutely shite song though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I had never heard Africa until it was played in The Doghouse at Download Festival in 2017. I was 24 at the time and stood there asking my friends what song it was and why everyone was going mad for it. They were genuinely, completely shocked that I had never heard it in 24 years. 
 

I agree it is an absolutely shite song though. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...