Your most controversial music opinions

CaledonianGonzo

10 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Once the novelty factor wears off both Folklore and Evermore are distinctly average records (albeit with some high points on each). 

Have to agree with this, tried to love both albums, but ending up feeling that there was one good album fighting for it’s life amongst a pile of fillers.

I love that music streaming services give the ability to listen to virtually any music from any era, but I feel that it allows artists to release albums based on a couple of decent tracks and a pile of fillers. It might be a romantic view but I feel albums used to be a more complete experience in terms of a theme and structure to the album, now you put the strongest tracks up front on the basis that no one is still listening by the end.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

If we're honest, we will all retrospectively convince ourselves that we had a better time at Glastonbury than we actually did at the time.

Haha. Oh yes. Too many 'why in the name of ass am I doing this again. I'm miserable as fuck!' moments to mention. 90% of the time it's tent/sleep related to be fair.

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

If we're honest, we will all retrospectively convince ourselves that we had a better time at Glastonbury than we actually did at the time.

Oof. Yes. But. Retrospection is not without value of its own.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

If you’re fishing then well done. You got me. Because this is baloney.

From roughly two hours after waking up (post shit, coffee, breakfast, first beer) until the moment I lay down my head on a pile of soiled garments - i can honestly say, i am in heaven for every waking moment of our beautiful festival.

Edited by mattiloy

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

If you’re fishing then well done. You got me. Because this is baloney.

From roughly two hours after waking up (post shit, coffee, breakfast, first beer) until the moment I lay down my head on a pile of soiled garments - i can honestly say, i am in heaven.

If you're morning shit isn't heaven you need to find better toilets mate

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If you're morning shit isn't heaven you need to find better toilets mate

Haha if I can muster the resilience to queue for a composter then you’re right, heaven starts early. More often its a necessary evil at the long drops.

Edited by mattiloy

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's actually completely shit, but we're convinced that we're having the time of our lives. And arch-capitalist Michael Eavis milks us all each year more so than he does his cows. If he actually has any.

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

I would've agreed with you 18 months ago but right now I'd take a Y Not 2017 style experience experience be at a festival

32 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

Haha. Oh yes. Too many 'why in the name of ass am I doing this again. I'm miserable as fuck!' moments to mention. 90% of the time it's tent/sleep related to be fair.

If anyone hasn't had a "I want to go home" moment at every Glastonbury they've ever been to, they're not doing it right!

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

American "jam bands" are for people who's internalised racism prevents them from enjoying jazz.

They’re not mutually exclusive. I love Phish and Miles Davis.

and Dave Matthew’s Band are clearly multi-racial, but also have very little to do with jazz.